DCP should crowdsource a drum corps!

Somehow, I predict a DCP-driven drum corps would place somewhere around dead last...

I predict that it would fall apart before the first show because of the vast array of opinions on what a drum corps should be on DCP.

As soon as something happened that people didn't like they would just pull their funding and blamo, you can't pay the bills.

You guys can call the corps the "Drum Corps Planet Armchair Directors"

Edited by dbc03
  • Like 2

I predict that it would fall apart before the first show because of the vast array of opinions on what a drum corps should be on DCP.

As soon as something happened that people didn't like they would just pull their funding and blamo, you can't pay the bills.

I agree, and that's why it makes a lot more sense to use your resources personally, either by volunteering [direct, measurable impact] or sending your check to a corps that already meets your conditions.

I agree, and that's why it makes a lot more sense to use your resources personally, either by volunteering [direct, measurable impact] or sending your check to a corps that already meets your conditions.

Or if someone doesn't want to donate to an already existing corps, but wants an equally worthwhile alternative to contributing to the DCP community corps or whatever they could just burn their money or flush it down the toilet or something

• Like 1

I propose a mock run of this idea.

Create a forums, hold elections, determine the fictitious budget.

Then see what an absolute nightmare that would be.

Football has defined winners and losers. This plan would most likely not survive in the world of DCI, where winners are not so clearly defined (to some).

Still, I'd love to see how it played out. The "Forum corps" could even compete in the fantasy league.

Edited by luvs me sum mello!

On the field, from the Internet, presenting their 2010 program, "Lolcorps: A Tribute to Rick Astley" please welcome the Drum Corps Planeteers Drum and Bb Brass with Dancing and Talking Corps!

FTW!!! :rolleyes::thumbup:

I prefer "The Armchair Crusaders", myself. :rolleyes:

in keeping with the football theme:

Sponsored by: "Monday Morning Directors (MMD)" a subsidiary of DCP.

Mission Statement:

"The mission of Monday Morning Directors (MMD) is to support the development of young people into extra-super magnificent human beings through participation in the performing arts, as we see fit, whether they like it or not."

Edited by chaos001
  • Like 1

I propose a mock run of this idea.

Create a forums, hold elections, determine the fictitious budget.

Then see what an absolute nightmare that would be.

Football has defined winners and losers. This plan would most likely not survive in the world of DCI, where winners are not so clearly defined (to some).

Still, I'd love to see how it played out. The "Forum corps" could even compete in the fantasy league.

Agreed!

maybe The Couchmen will actually get formed