The Cavaliers 2009 Program

LAME is having part of your show cut from a DVD because you didn't take care of video syncing and licensing rights before you announce and arrange the show, which is what, I am sure, The Cavaliers are doing before they announce selections.

Because corps are contractually obligated to never ever change the pieces they play during the summer after they have made an announcement in the winter.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because corps are contractually obligated to never ever change the pieces they play during the summer after they have made an announcement in the winter.

I'm sure you'd love it if show announcements were as follows: "For The 2009 Season, we might be playing this piece, possibly (cross your fingers!) followed by a little of this, and if we're lucky, we'll finish up with this piece."

You'd be complaining just the same. Settle down.

Interesting, but LAME for listing after Feb 1.

(Yes, every corps that announces post Feb 1 is LAME. Troopers too. Only fair.)

C'mon now, you know what it's gonna be and you just want them to announce so the piling on and vilification can begin and hope it's over with quickly.

Just a thought but could "Earth Song" possibly be in the show?

LAME is having part of your show cut from a DVD because you didn't take care of video syncing and licensing rights before you announce and arrange the show, which is what, I am sure, The Cavaliers are doing before they announce selections.

i vote this for lamest post of the year. either get on topic or go back under your bridge.

btw, the composer can refuse those rights even after they are given. it's their work and they'll do whatever they want with it!

/on topic

i hope it isn't grand canyon suite. i absolutely loathe that piece of garbage.

I'm sure you'd love it if show announcements were as follows: "For The 2009 Season, we might be playing this piece, possibly (cross your fingers!) followed by a little of this, and if we're lucky, we'll finish up with this piece."

You'd be complaining just the same. Settle down.

I wasn't complaining about the Cavaliers announcement in the first place, but I for one would be perfectly fine if a corps said "We are planning to play these songs:" and then later said there was a change of plans and they were playing something else. I was just saying that it's pretty silly to assume that a corps is locked into playing exactly what they announce and couldn't make any changes if there were legal problems with getting the rights to songs.

i vote this for lamest post of the year. either get on topic or go back under your bridge.

btw, the composer can refuse those rights even after they are given. it's their work and they'll do whatever they want with it!

/on topic

I vote that you are a Phantom honk, who somehow found insult in a post that meant nothing of the sort. I think we all agree it's lame that Phantom's full show cannot be included in any future DVDs, and it would be a shame if that happened to any other corps in the future.

/on topic

i hope it isn't grand canyon suite. i absolutely loathe that piece of garbage.

I think the dude's post was completely relevant. I vote your post as lamest of the year.

From Wikipedia:

The divide begins at Cape Prince of Wales in Alaska. It runs northeast-/eastward across the north of the state into the Yukon Territory, Canada, where it turns south and travels through British Columbia (forming part of the B.C.-Alberta boundary), in Canada; then through Montana (forming part of the Montana-Idaho boundary), Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico, in the United States; then along the crest of the Sierra Madre Occidental through the Mexican states of Chihuahua, Durango, Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Guanajuato, Querétaro, México, the Federal District, Morelos, Puebla, Oaxaca, and Chiapas; thence through southern Guatemala, southwestern Honduras, western Nicaragua, and western/southwestern Costa Rica, and southern Panama.

The physical divide continues into South America, where it follows the peaks of the Andes Mountains, traversing western Colombia, central Ecuador, western and southwestern Peru, and eastern Chile (essentially conforming to the Chile-Bolivia and Chile-Argentina boundaries), southward to the southern end of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego.

In North America, a pair of secondary, non-mountainous divides further separate other river systems that drain into the Arctic Ocean and those that drain into Hudson Bay, James Bay, and Ungava Bay) which open into the North Atlantic from those which drain into the Atlantic Ocean to the south of Labrador (including those which drain via the Great Lakes and Saint Lawrence Seaway).

Triple Divide Peak in Glacier National Park, in Montana, is the point at which two of the principal continental divides in North America converge, the Great Divide and the Northern Divide. From this point, waters flow to the Pacific Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean via the Gulf of Mexico, and the Arctic Ocean via Hudson Bay. Americans generally consider this point to be the hydrological apex of North America.

Another triple divide or triple point occurs in Canada on a prominent peak directly on the border between Alberta and British Columbia, called Snow Dome because the Columbia Icefield completely covers the summit. From this peak, water flows into the Pacific Ocean via the Columbia River system; the Arctic Ocean via the Athabasca River and MacKenzie River systems; and Hudson Bay via the North Saskatchewan River system. Canadians generally consider Snow Dome to be the hydrological apex of North America because they consider Hudson Bay to be an extension of the Atlantic Ocean, and also because Snow Dome is 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) higher than Triple Divide Peak.

In fact, there are such triple divide points wherever any two continental divides meet. North America can be considered to have five major drainage systems: into the Pacific, Atlantic and Arctic Oceans, plus Hudson Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Within this system there are four continental divides and three triple points, the two mentioned previously and a third near Hibbing, Minnesota where the Northern Divide intersects the Eastern Continental Divide. Since there is no true consensus on what a continental divide is, there is no real agreement on where the triple points are. However, the main Continental Divide described in this article is a far more distinctive geological feature than the others and its two main triple points are much more prominent.

The Continental Divide Trail follows the divide through the U.S. from the Mexican border to the Canadian border. A less-developed Canadian extension called the Great Divide Trail continues on through five National Parks of Canada and six provincial parks to end at Kakwa Lake in northeastern British Columbia.

NorthAmericaDivides.gif

So this could be a show highlighting many of the major places listed above, from Alaska down through Peru. Having passed through the Rockies, Yellowstone, all that fun stuff.

Or....

It could be about ice cream.

page9_blog_entry125_2.jpg

Edited by luvs me sum mello!