Man ! They got that one wrong !

Controversial Finals Winners  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these just didn't make sense to you?

• 1975 Skyliners
    • 1977 Sunrisers
    • 1981 Hurricanes
    • 1986 Bushwackers
    • 1987 Sunrisers (Rain Out)
    • 1988 TIE Bushwackers - Sunrisers
    • 1989 Bushwackers
    • 1990 Bushwackers
    • 1997 TIE Statesmen - Brigadiers
    • 2003 Hawthorne
    • 1996 Westshoremen

But I must say the Crowds at Roosevelt Stadium were some of the best you could ever want. They were a VERY Informd group.

And very well-oiled, too! :thumbup:

Fran

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, he is most certainly an innovator !!! Is it true that Jimmy Russo was the first drum major to employ the podium?

The podium according to Jimmy Russo (as per a Post 199 conversation):

Jimmy: I couldn't see the corps because I was short and had asked the truck guys to make a box for me to stand on for the concert tune.

The same conversation later that evening according to Louie Stork:

Louie: He's out there waving his arms and dancing and blowing kiss, so we had to put him on a box because nobody could see that four-foot bowl of garlic"

I've had a lot of conversations with Louie Stork on the corner of that bar and I can tell you if he says it, then it's true.

96 gets my vote... it's lesson 3 in the "How to be a Caballero" manual. Seriously I think I knew everything about the 96 screw-over before I knew why they call them sopranos and contras.

Since the whole CORE of this thread is second guessing the judges decisions, I'll go out on a limb and say the following:

Putting Renegades in 5th place in 2005 was downright sinful.

You can say what you want about any of our other seasons, but I'll fight for 2005 until the first shovel of dirt hits my face. That was complete BS.

Since the whole CORE of this thread is second guessing the judges decisions, I'll go out on a limb and say the following:

Putting Renegades in 5th place in 2005 was downright sinful.

You can say what you want about any of our other seasons, but I'll fight for 2005 until the first shovel of dirt hits my face. That was complete BS.

Well you were pretty close to 4th, if I remember. Which rank would you have given yourself?

I have to admit I have almost completely erased that season from my memory, so I can't have an opinion about the results.

I need to buy DVDs of the past years... :tongue:

Well you were pretty close to 4th, if I remember. Which rank would you have given yourself?

I would LOVE to answer that question in complete and vivid detail.......but I've got a feeling I should just STOP right here!

I was just taking advantage of a thread second guessing the judges.....not looking to start a war!

:tongue:

BOO! start a war.

You guys were EXACTLY 1.0 from 3rd. Pretty strange that it's exactly one point even. 93.738 to a 94.738

What are the chance that 2 corps would end up with .738?

Of course, if Bush doesn't troop, you are 2 points away.

BOO! start a war.

You guys were EXACTLY 1.0 from 3rd. Pretty strange that it's exactly one point even. 93.738 to a 94.738

What are the chance that 2 corps would end up with .738?

Of course, if Bush doesn't troop, you are 2 points away.

I'm with ya on that one..........I don't consider Bush's troop a legitimate penalty because some naive kid made a lame mistake......

(just like the mistake one of our guard members made putting 3 inches of his foot over a line costing us TWO places in 2003........)

But, PENALTIES are PENALTIES and I'm not trying to open another can of worms.........

I would LOVE to answer that question in complete and vivid detail.......but I've got a feeling I should just STOP right here!

I was just taking advantage of a thread second guessing the judges.....not looking to start a war!

:wall:

FINE. I'll order the DVD and figure it out mysef then. :tongue:

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

DA:

I have no idea why, But for some reason Up State NY Corps were never very popular in Roosevelt Stadium. I know some pretty great Corps have ALWAYS come from that area. (Crusaders, Empire, St. Joe's ETC).

But I must say the Crowds at Roosevelt Stadium were some of the best you could ever want. They were a VERY Informd group. Knew what they liked and SHOWED IT. Just ask St. Kevin Emerald Knights, Chicago Cavaliers, Racine Kilties, Yankee Rebels, Les Diplomats. They ALWAYS got more crowd support than the local guy's. Then when the Judges did not agree they showed that too. But Yes, I agree that the judging "seemed" to favor, BS Golden Knights, Cabs and NY Sky.

Heck in '66 I thought the place was going fall apart for the Cavies (WHO SHOULD HAVE WON) and I marched with St. Lucy's at that contest. The crowd went nuts all During, and After Cavies show. :tongue:

Speaking of the 1965 Dream, ( Yes I marched with Blessed Sac) and after we performed I was able to stand in front of the Crusaders on the 50 when they played 'I Talk to the Trees" and they blew my face off. As I recall, the sky opened up and the corps performed incredibly and the people were "thowing babies" at them. Doesn't get more popular than that. Sure it was a local show for Sac, Lucys and Garfield but rermember how St.Kevins would light the crowd up? Roosevelt would get my vote for one of the best all around drum corps crowds of the 60's. I did notice however that there were many people who attended only one show a year and it was the Dream Contest.