Fix !

Aww I miss you too....

Oh, you weren't talking to me? Eh that's cool then. Be like that.

:thumbup:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss seeing my drum major's expression at the end of a great run, hearing the staff yell their same statements before each show, hearing the corps blasting in front of my face, shower songs, the weird movies we watched, being happy to sleep on a gym floor after a six-hour bus ride, PB&J, being tan, singing Salvation, laundry days going to eat somewhere, the off-night in Chicago, tour friends, my school friends' expressions after hearing drum corps at the B'ham show, completely outrageous remarks/statements that were hilariously random, listening to the corps play Georgia and Let it Be me, especially Georgia as an on-the-field warm-up, getting dressed on the bus and getting ready for a show, friends... maybe I should stop now. I miss drum corps.

I miss seeing my drum major's expression at the end of a great run, hearing the staff yell their same statements before each show, hearing the corps blasting in front of my face, shower songs, the weird movies we watched, being happy to sleep on a gym floor after a six-hour bus ride, PB&J, being tan, singing Salvation, laundry days going to eat somewhere, the off-night in Chicago, tour friends, my school friends' expressions after hearing drum corps at the B'ham show, completely outrageous remarks/statements that were hilariously random, listening to the corps play Georgia and Let it Be me, especially Georgia as an on-the-field warm-up, getting dressed on the bus and getting ready for a show, friends... maybe I should stop now. I miss drum corps.

so_traurig_079.gif

That was beautiful, man. :thumbdown:

6 hour bus rides ? SIX HOUR BUS RIDES ? Heck, the school where I teach has to take longer rides for football games.

Try always having to drive 20-30 hours just to get to an area to start every tour and peeing out the door of the bus doing 55 while someone hold you by your beltloop on the back of your pants.

I miss the smell of Spam frying in the back of the bus on a sterno stove.

Bill:

Getting old may be "for the birds", but it beats the alternative. :worthy:

LOL, my usual quote is "...beats not getting any older..."

Hey TOMike... don't they have football in your part of the South? Well besides the off and on football that the Saints do. :thumbdown: (And to think I'm a Jim Haslett fan.)

This is the time of year when I miss the 'fix', drummers practising on the benches down the hall, the sound of brass sections resonating from classrooms, the guard spinning in the gym getting ready for winter guard. Later in the evening, we'd convene, the brass arc showcasing the intended repetoire, the drums, the guard. Parents raising money or sewing uniforms, people talking, getting to know each other. omg, we know what we're going to do this summer! How do we put it all together? At every weekly rehearsal, we'd work out the details. We kept going until the snow melted then practise outdoors lots and lots, spring camp was important, next thing you know, it's time to tour! Yikes!

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a big fix this past weekend. Drove 700 miles to camp, had my ears rattled by the full hornline practicing in the kind-of-small eating area, drove 640 miles worth of airport runs, got to see some visual rehearsal, cleaned some dishes, saw most of the outside Sunday ensemble, and drove the 700 miles home.

Ah, drum corps, you've got to love it.

(PS: I also saw most of the visual show on a big screen that was tied to a computer. Shhhhhhh........ :lookaround: ).

I miss hot summer nights, Ice tea before shows, a sleeping bag on a foam pad that feels like a 1000.00 mattress, raccoon eyes, the smell of diesel, worn out white gloves that smell like slide grease and valve oil, Carmex and Coconut Oil, tube tops!