Best crowds/Worst crowds you've played for.

"Best & Worst Crowds":

Best: Pittsfield MA, hands down. They put the "Fanatic" in "Fan". Rain or shine, senior, junior or alumni corps, these folks are WILD. I don't think I've ever seen them SIT DOWN while a corps was on. :lol:

Worst: The Pennsylvania "State Fair" 'Drum Corps & Livestock Show". Sit on thisr hands for everyone from the Chicago Cavaliers to the Muchachos, standing ovations for everything from cattle to piglets. :lol:

Elphaba

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only "worst crowd" show that stands out to me was in 04 I think... Trooper's home show. They didn't want to see us... just Troopers! definite crickets

Texas crowds are always great.

My favorite was the home show in Denver, Colorado 2008

Least crowd response ever was Allentown, Pennsylvania 2007

This may not be the right board to say this ... but I'm gonna go ahead and say it:

BEST *

(any year, every year!) is a 3 way tie for me U.S. Open - Marion, OH; Danny Thomas Invitational Lawrence, MA & World Open Lynn, MA.

WORST CROWD EVER (imo)

Troy NY - 1971.

* This is a shout out to all those who ever attended the Evening With The Corps shows - Talk about die-hard, hard core fans - They have no equal.

Puppet

Was that in a smallish high school-like stadium...near the water?? We had a show in Montreal late in the same season...announcer had a hard time getting the names right...

Zee Bleu De-vil

Zee Garfield CadeT

Zee Velvet Noit

(and my fave) Zee Free----LANCERS....

I dont remember the size of the stands. I think it was near the water.It was packed,there were screaming French Canadian babes, the lights went out and they had fireworks.Someone from a certain green corps got bus surfed during the dark. :thumbup:

Manning Bowl was almost always a big crowd that sat on their hands( for Bayonne).

We used to call Lynn the "Land of Painted People".

Edited by JeromeyBush

"Best & Worst Crowds":

Best: Pittsfield MA, hands down. They put the "Fanatic" in "Fan". Rain or shine, senior, junior or alumni corps, these folks are WILD. I don't think I've ever seen them SIT DOWN while a corps was on. :thumbup:

Elphaba

Definately Pittsfield's crowd was great, but it was one of the worst venues ever.Baseball stadium,the field was in the outfield, and the front was 50 yards away.But rabid fans,jr or sr.

I like small shows as a fan....and sometimes as a performer. Drill doesnt really wow me anymore, and I like being close to the performers. BMFO

I find that I enjoy shows much more when the hornline is right up in my face. Music > drill.

In San Antonio this year I was inside the 45s and on the third row for Blue Devils and Cavaliers. Talk about prime seats!

Though for Carolina Crown I went up to the top so I could see their visual package, because I had heard them before and wanted to get a different perspective on things.