If DCP existed in 1979/1980

Any chance that you could even consider that there were people marching in the 50s and 60s who would make analagous comments to the ones you make about DCI today?

Does my post qualify as evidence in this regard?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the harshness of corps rivalries and what not of the days gone by, a 70's / 80's DCP would get shut down within a week.

Praise be to the good sportsmanship of the modern era that we have a thriving, healthy site to discuss our favorite activity amongst fellow members of the LARGER drum corps family, the SINGLE family of which we are all a part of.

Considering the harshness of corps rivalries and what not of the days gone by, a 70's / 80's DCP would get shut down within a week.

Praise be to the good sportsmanship of the modern era that we have a thriving, healthy site to discuss our favorite activity amongst fellow members of the LARGER drum corps family, the SINGLE family of which we are all a part of.

I'll go along with this. When was the last time you heard of a corps fight? BAC and 27?

oh yeah. if you think things get heated on here now, oh my God back then :rolleyes:

I remember sitting in a Burger King in Birmingham around 1980 listening to some guy muttering about everybody doing rotating arcs...

I'll go along with this. When was the last time you heard of a corps fight? BAC and 27?

Didn't Crossmen and Spirit of Atlanta help each other out in the late 70s? Think a truck of one corps wrecked and the other helped salvage the equipment.

The Senior corps world had a new small corps circuit start about this time and that might have been interesting.

And let's not forget b-wording about the DCI Broadcast on PBS.....

And the 2 upright valve horns were coming out around this time.

"Looks like like a BAND horn"

"Only if you're too stupid to count to three"

"I'll tell you what stupid is"

etc, etc, etc

Almost between Crossmen and Madison in 07.... but it didn't get anywhere.

Almost between Crossmen and Madison in 07.... but it didn't get anywhere.

I'm surprised. Really - I thought that went out in the '80s.

At least it came to nothing in the end. I was only ever in one of those, and it was over before I really got involved. Just a bad feeling.....

well Lance, luckily I am the same ######## to everyone on here :rolleyes: