Has any other Corps in DCA

Why do you need to make us feel silly and small. Would equal and comparable be sufficient. I wish you guys out west would grow and have your own circuit. Then we wouldn't have to hear the whining. Then there could the be some cross-over shows with those who want to. I personally would love to see the west coast. Never have . I'd love to fly out and do a few shows, see a few, party some, sight-see etc. Twist my arm.

(sigh)

NO ONE SAID YOUR CIRCUIT WAS SILLY AND SMALL.

It would take an act of IMMENSE magnitude to make DCA look silly OR small.

T.H.A.T. W.A.S. M.Y. P.O.I.N.T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For GOD'S SAKE PEOPLE.....READ WHAT I ACTUALLY WROTE INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR!!!!!!!

And NO.....EQUAL and COMPARABLE WOULD NOT BE SUFFICIENT to make your corps consider the expenditures necessary to compete with a west coast circuit.....we'd have to be FORMIDABLY SUPERIOR (hence your ROYAL MISINTERPRETATION of my "silly and small" comment) for those corps to no longer consider victory in your own circuit a REAL "world championship".

And, considering the growth and national expansion of DCA ANYWAY, that achievement would be decades away IF it happened at all.

I've enjoyed my time at DCA. I respect DCA. I am NOT SLAMMING DCA.

I AM SIMPLY TELLING IT LIKE IT IS. Oh, and...

P.S. How DARE you call our financial sacrifices we lay down EVERY FRIGGIN YEAR to participate in your circuit "whining"??? Why don't you just thank God it's a cross YOU don't HAVE to bear to be competitive!!

Edited by ContraRich77

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right now...with the economy as is...it's a dream. but a good dream to have.

hey we got 3 NE corps to North carolina. babysteps

OK............in thru nose, out thru mouth.......

Mr Bari, you did misinterpret my words as whiny and malicious.........but i think you understand now.

(are we all friends again?)

Can't we get a mulitmillionaire drum corps nut to just fly all you guys out here?

Where's Bill Gates when you need him? We KNOW he's not out there fixing Windows......

Edited by ContraRich77

P.S. How DARE you call our financial sacrifices we lay down EVERY FRIGGIN YEAR to participate in your circuit "whining"??? Why don't you just thank God it's a cross YOU don't HAVE to bear to be competitive!!

Hey, Rich....at least eastern fans aere consistent.....DCI or DCA, we in the west have heard the same commentary for how many decades now??

West Coast for the Stanford show or the Renegades home show? I haven't even heard a rumor of a corps thinking about it. Is it that big of a deal for one other corps to travel? Come on out!! You know you'll be treated like royalty out here. Trav P.S. trust me when I tell you we understand that it is expensive for a whole corps to travel, but is it just the money?

It'll never happen.

Well, I obviously blundered into the wrong neighborhood here. Sorry bout that. One point I will make for you is that if corps can go to Europe or on cruises, why can't they go to the Midwest, South or California? Better?

Well, I obviously blundered into the wrong neighborhood here. Sorry bout that. One point I will make for you is that if corps can go to Europe or on cruises, why can't they go to the Midwest, South or California? Better?

The bang for the member buck is still an issue, tho....a corps going overseas or on a cruise isn't doing it for 2 shows....the members get a better deal for expending on the trip.

Much as I would love to see Cabs, Bush, Empire, or any other Sr come out to California, unless something else happens along the way to make it more worth their time, I doubt it'll happen....I would love to be proven wrong however!