Spirit 2009 Program Title Announced

http://www.spiritdrumcorps.org

With only one camp remaining before move-ins, Spirit has built lots of momentum during the winter season, having not only played the entire show through in March, but having already tweaked and revised music based on show development and the high degree of talent, commitment, and energy coming from the members. According to Mark Waymire, “It is something that as a new Program and Educational Director you hope for, but something you expect to take perhaps a few seasons to develop; members and staff agreeing in detail on what we want, and agreeing eagerly and willingly on how to get there.”

“Our production timetable has been as much as one month ahead of schedule most of the winter,” states Spirit Executive Director, Joel Vincent. “The synergy of old and new staff has been a very positive influence on the members thus far and has helped establish a real commitment to producing performances that audiences will enjoy this summer. The members have a clear understanding they are performing in one of the great icons of the activity with a positive past and exciting future. Although there is much work still to be done, we are eagerly anticipating the summer tour.” In addition to the corps’ winter rehearsals, the percussion and guard staffs (as well as many members) have been busy wowing indoor arena fans with their teaching skills and creative brilliance. We want to congratulate all of our guard members for their exceptional performances last week at the WGI Championships and specially recognize our members and staff from Northeast Independent for their 4th place finish in Independent World Class! We wish the best for our percussion staff and members who will be competing in the upcoming WGI Percussion championships.

Our 2009 production presents exciting and accessible music with artistic depth – all the audience has to do is simply buy a ticket, sit back and enjoy the performance. Previously, we have announced our source material, listed tunes, and given some reasons for our choice of music; today we are pleased to announce our 2009 production titled— “Live…In Concert!”

“Live…In Concert!” gives the audience an all-access pass to the concert event of the summer – everything from the pre-concert preparations to the final encore!

Buy your ticket, mark your calendar and get a t-shirt - we’ll see you on the Spirit 2009 Concert Tour!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This show is going to be wickedly awesome.

Cant wait to see it.

I want to hear some clips of Dust in the Wind! That's going to be another beautiful ballad that Spirit ALWAYS puts on the field.

hmm...different...

I hear from an insider that the show will surprise most viewers as it actually isn't like going to a Kansas concert. Instead, they take some challenging and unique twists on the music to make it their own. I also hear there is an a cappella moment during the guard feature.

Meh....

I think it's lame. I think it's lame because they are literally telling us there is everything from pre-show prep to an encore, isn't an encore something that is earned?

I mean, do we literally have to announce the show to tell people where they are going to feel the excitement.

I for one wouldn't want to hear/see an encore if the show sucked, but whatever, I guess since this thread isn't about Madison or the Cadets we all need to have a rosey view of things.

But for me, yeah, doing Kansas and giving a description like that...it's high school marching band, even with the brilliant writing I am sure Scott Boerma is putting to this show.