Will the colts be this years bluestars?

These are big names.

Thats the problem...they are just names. How long have the been on staff? Did cesario make the guard uniforms for the past two years? because I wasnt a fan of those

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Is crown the new star?

Is Blue Stars the new crown?

Is Blue Stars the new Star?"

Wait a minute? I thought the Blue Stars were, now, the new Boston Crusaders? Man, people need to make up thier identities...I mean, minds!

Colts will be fine. Just don't go back to the candy corn uniforms. Ugh!

Thats the problem...they are just names. How long have the been on staff? Did cesario make the guard uniforms for the past two years? because I wasnt a fan of those

Bob Smith has been on staff since 2006 (Around 70% of tour)

Michael Cesario has designed the the guard uniforms the past two years. I liked 2007, but I agree that 2008's were awful. AWFUL. They are quite impressive this year though.

If they are just names then staff shouldn't matter in discussion of any corps. If staff doesn't matter to Colts than it shouldn't matter to Regiment, Cavies, Blue Devils, or Blue Stars either.

Ok do you really think the thread title was meant to be taken literally? Well for your sake let's re-state it as " Will the Colts accomplish a push into top 12 with an 8th place or better finish like the Blue Stars did last year?" Like that better? OBVIOUSLY the Colts will not try to "be" the Blue Stars in 09. Sheesh.

No, I don't really think so. I'm just trying to say that the comparison shouldn't have to be made in order to ask if the Colts will make finals.

If they are just names then staff shouldn't matter in discussion of any corps. If staff doesn't matter to Colts than it shouldn't matter to Regiment, Cavies, Blue Devils, or Blue Stars either.

Very true, I agree with you there. I guess what I mean to say is that while you can have all the big names you want, if they dont put out it doesnt mean anything

...didn't read past page one...

Has anyone gone off on the fact that there are several new corps to concern themselves with in their strata? Or several "has-been's" they have to leapfrog in order to make finals? I believe it is the same argument I made against Blue Stars a couple of years back.

Colts have to worry about Crossmen, Spirit and Scouts before you start talking BS...pun intended. If you can't pass Crossmen, you're not going to pass Blue Stars. Stars tagged Blue Knights several times last season and really gave Knights a run for their money all season.

Colts are looking at 12th and no higher...they would have to be having an ungodly off season for me to even think they had a chance at 12th, but I've heard that line about that corps before. "Having a great off season!" Yeah...so's my mama.

Crossmen nearly pushed into finals last year in their 2nd season in Texas. Scouts made it back and dang sure don't want to give up finals so quickly. I'd be concerned about where Jersey Surf places this year before Stars if I'm in Iowa.

I thought Colts were really impressive...what?...two years ago? REALLY impressive. Just shows that carrying it over one year to the next at that strata can be the difference between 7th and 14th.

Great things going on south of Colts in the placements, too. Teal coming right along behind Bob & Co. for the move to WC. Others interested. Middle of the lineup is pretty impressive in DCI right now. Could things change? Sure. Doubtful.

Listen, I've seen both the Colts and the Bluestars this year. Both are having good offseasons. I wouldn't be surprised to see both in finals. Blue Stars may have slightly more experienced members but what impresses me about the Colts however, is there show. This isn't the Colts of the last couple years. I believe this production is going to be highly sucessful. The music is demanding and intense. Adding Mr. Lentz to design the guard is tremendous. I think people are underestimating his influence here. I'm telling you, with the show they have they could place anywhere from where they did last year all the way up to 8th place. It all depends on what they can get out of the kids. If they don't make finals it will not be because of the show.

Listen, I've seen both the Colts and the Bluestars this year. Both are having good offseasons. I wouldn't be surprised to see both in finals. Blue Stars may have slightly more experienced members but what impresses me about the Colts however, is there show. This isn't the Colts of the last couple years. I believe this production is going to be highly sucessful. The music is demanding and intense. Adding Mr. Lentz to design the guard is tremendous. I think people are underestimating his influence here. I'm telling you, with the show they have they could place anywhere from where they did last year all the way up to 8th place. It all depends on what they can get out of the kids. If they don't make finals it will not be because of the show.

Just curious, when did you see Blue Stars and when did you see Colts?

Just curious, when did you see Blue Stars and when did you see Colts?

I seen the Colts more recently (past weekend). The Bluestars were at an earlier wintercamp, so I'm sure they're just as impressive with their show now as well. Please note I wasn't comparing the Colts show specifically to the BlueStars or anyone elses, just to their own from previous years and the small knowledge I have of corps shows as a whole. I'm sure The Factory is going to be great as well!

I seen the Colts more recently (past weekend). The Bluestars were at an earlier wintercamp, so I'm sure they're just as impressive with their show now as well. Please note I wasn't comparing the Colts show specifically to the BlueStars or anyone elses, just to their own from previous years and the small knowledge I have of corps shows as a whole. I'm sure The Factory is going to be great as well!

I'm envious! I wish I could make it to more camps. I'm going to go out on a huge limb here and make an educated guess that Blue Stars compettition this year will be the likes of Bluecoats, SCV, etc... I fully accept that I could be wrong, but it'll be interesting to see where corps are placeing mid season. I doub't they will be scoring along side those corps from day one as early season scores tend to follow the end of the previous year, but my prediction is that by mid July Blue Stars will be pushing for a top 5 spot. Just an opinion folks! Go drum corps! :tongue:

Edited by BozzlyB

I'm envious! I wish I could make it to more camps. I'm going to go out on a huge limb here and make an educated guess that Blue Stars compettition this year will be the likes of Bluecoats, SCV, etc... I fully expect that I could be wrong, but it'll be interesting to see where corps are placeing mid season. I doub't they will be scoring along side those corps from day one as early season scores tend to follow the end of the previous year, but my prediction is that by mid July Blue Stars will be pushing for a top 5 spot. Just an opinion folks! Go drum corps! :tongue:

Yeah, I too believe the BlueStars are on there way up, was VERY impressed with them as well even though it was earlier in the year. What your saying wouldn't shock me at all. I could easily see both the Blue Stars moving up as well as the Colts breaking into the top 12. Certainly a reasonable possibility on both counts.

Edited by bmroth1