Spartans Inactive

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a shame that it took them so long to make it official. I hope the kids that wanted to march this year can find spots with other northeast Open Class corps.

Sad indeed but i look forward to see what was such a great corps for so many years re structure and come back to blow some faces off.

Hmmm, well...

ECJ was a pretty successful corps located close to Boston and nearby highways. If you remember, their "comeback" last year was an epic fail (with one French Horn player showing up). The Spartans are not in a good location (gas prices and econ will surely prevent a lot of kids from getting there), had an "unfavorable" season the last year out, and have just sold the corps hall. I'm guessing it will take a tremendous amount of resources to field once again.

If I were PLF jr I'd team up with Citations, bringing anything the corps had to the table. Then again, what's really left? The name itself isn't worth what it used to be, the bus company is/was/will be gone?? Do they have equipment? Still, I'd say the best bet is to team up and have a VERY successful corps instead of trying to fight each other for membership. If you add the 50 or so kids from Spartans to the 100 or so kids from Citations...you have a full corps. No Div 2/3 in New England has ever fielded the max...how cool would that be!?

I am sad to see something like this happen to a corps with such a great history. I wish the best of luck to the new director and anyone involved. I truly believe they can make a comeback next season.

Edited by Chatch

If I recall, weren't the Spartans on the cusp of being one of the Div II corps to make the jump up to Div I a couple of years ago? (open class, world class...you all get the idea)

It just seems a lot happened to the corps in a very short period of time, and it was more than finances. This all based on reading the threads.

It's sad to see another corps gone; and I agree, in that it's going to be extremely difficult for them to return.

spartansdbc.org

NASHUA, NH – The Spartans Drum and Bugle Corps announced today that they are taking the 2009 DCI season off due to financial difficulties. The Spartans are in the process of revamping their programs and organization and are planning to return to the field for the 2010 season.

Yeah....pretty predictible.

This corps absolutely need to get their act together. The corps deserves that much.

Didn't see this coming! :thumbup:

To bad, hopefully the small amount of kids can make their way to Citations.

I wouldn't call them "gone". I believe there's a distinction between inactive and folded.

I agree about that...