drum corps color guards for 2009

dugg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your first?

The one with the cross and the cool blue uniforms. I forget the name of it.

• 4 weeks later...

starting the season with a full guard of 36 the men of madison are wearing blue black and cranberry and smack of masked super hero's. :blink:

http://www.corazonfairtrade.com/maskluchalibre1.html

well.... i stand corrected......again,not so much super heroes.....more like mexican wrestlers! :tongue:

and to complete the spectacle and drama i understand there are capes forthcoming! :tongue:

Edited by dugg

Is that avatar picture a hint at Crowns 2009 uniforms?

you are hysterical musicalspinner! :cool:

color me impressed with the blue stars color guard! :rolleyes:

in true michael shapiro style the vocabulary is delightfully expressive,constantly moving,changing direction and speed.this program looks extremely entertaining and will have a great connection with the fans.

i believe this guard will be very competitive in their caption and they should contribute significantly to the corps overall score! :rolleyes:

Edited by dugg

Blue Stars has vastly improved in the guard section over the last 3 years or so.....this year is probably going to be the 4th.

I wish their drill writer knows this and can really give them a chance to shine. In the past I haven't been entirely satisfied with their integration with

the rest of the corps.

here's a tidbit for the fans........i understand carolina crown will present an elaborate pre-show production before the corps takes the verdant stage for competition.the guard comes out of the gate spinning,characters are introduced as the corps dances their way onto the field. :thumbup:

you are right wrband,comfortable simple little green short dresses for the girls,they appear to be cool and easy to move in. :sad:

the only unusual detail at this time is a small bit of green ivy tacked onto the straps. :ph34r:

also look for iconic fairytale characters like little red riding hood,jack in the beanstalk,snow white and peter-pan[all of which come to us from a faraway land called "public domain"]! :ph34r:

blue devils will wear art deco inspired period costumes in yellow,turquoise and black,very cute,very chandler! :ph34r:

the glassmen will be attired in modern style contemporary costumes in off white,black and gold complete with lots of buttons,straps and accesories. :ph34r:

and an update for the bluecoats.....not so much bib overalls [as earlier reported] but suspenders,pants and sky-blue cloud printed shirts and be on the look-out for flying pigs! :ph34r:

Edited by dugg