drum corps color guards for 2009

dugg

opening the big book of pageantry and once again turning the page from winter guard to the summer season let's discuss and contemplate the impending never-ending drama and theater that is drum corps color guards! :worthy:

my sources report a very positive start for the madison scouts color guard with around 30 talented performers under contract at this time!

the costumes made by dance sophisticates are very masculine in apprearance and reflective of a brand new image for this beloved guard.looking forward to seeing this program come to life. :withstupid:

watch for other color guard costumes constructed by dance sophisticates to be worn by the cadets,the bluecoats and the crossmen.

also the creative team at carolina crown are collaborating on "the grass is always greener" in what will be another memorable production and the dish is they are very excited with the progress thusfar!i'm sure many of you remember their fabulous color guard from last season and i anticipate another standard setting performance from them again this year. :thumbup:

the dynamic cavaliers color guard will be back in full force and reports are their costumes for "the great divide" are very,very "body conscious"! :ph34r:

the community is also eagerly awaiting the artistry of michael james magnificent choreography at the the phantom regiment as they present their take on "the red violin",judge/artist michael gray's endevor into design as the bluecoats "imagine" as well as michael shapiro's brilliant creativity with the blue stars production titled "the factory"! :thumbup:

Edited by dugg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that Revolution Drum and Bugle Corps has its largest guard ever this year. I think the number I heard was 24? Looking forward to seeing them on the field!

I'm just hoping Cavies stay away from the "body conscious" uniforms they used for their Chicago show - those were just wrong!

I'm just hoping Cavies stay away from the "body conscious" uniforms they used for their Chicago show - those were just wrong!

Those uniforms would have been enough for me to quit. Can you imagine auditioning, going to camps, starting to learn the show and then seeing that uniform? I would have made a bee line for the airport.

Those uniforms would have been enough for me to quit. Can you imagine auditioning, going to camps, starting to learn the show and then seeing that uniform? I would have made a bee line for the airport.

And then having to wear those plastic fireman hats :worthy:

Later,

Mike

Wow! After spending all that money already? I actually don't remember the uniforms, though, even though I saw them last year.

the blue devils program "1930" is intriguing from a construction and design standpoint.visually an homage to the international art deco/style modern period with music manifesting the obstacles and optimism of the era and perhaps some paralleles to our own concerns at this time. :worthy:

Edited by dugg

I expect the same from every year. People are going to wonder why Crown isn't number 1, Bluecoats guard score will stall around mid July, BD will be tossing the highest and dancing the best, Crown will have the hardest flag book, and Cadets are going to be super crisp with their weapon technique.