Lake Erie Thunder Camp #8

Lake Erie Thunder is glad to announce Camp #8 at a new rehearsal site!! Please go to the south of the building and park in the parking lot, we can direct you from there!

Iroquois High School

4301 Main St.

Erie, PA 16511

We still have spots available in ALL sections, including need for Low Brass, a few more pit and drum line, and a few spots are left in the color guard! Come and check us out, thats all we can ask!!

We have now introduced our full summer schedule, something easy and fun for people of all ages!

3 Music Camps, 4 Drill Camps, 2 Parades, 6 Shows

Come join us on the field this summer!

For more information, please visit http://www.lakeeriethunder.org/

Edited by Spaml6

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have spots available in ALL sections, including need for Low Brass, a few more pit and drum line, and a few spots are left in the color guard! Come and check us out, thats all we can ask!!

Let's face it...that area (Erie, PA) has a rich tradition of high brass. All music is geared toward that "rip face" mentality.

$2 to Jeff Gibbens

Seriously, y'all should make it your mantra to be a "Chase-like" drum corps, with nothing but trumpets, mellos and baris, where the lone bari part is more like a 5th trumpet part in a jazz band (but way louder, lol). No need (or expense!) for Euphs and Contras. Trot out 32 trumpets, 16 mellos and 8 baris. I'm not being flip....I'd pay money to see this. It would kick aZZZ. Erie's the perfect place for it. Even the 2 or 3 Euph/Contra folks currently there could take up bari or mello.

DCA needs a corps to make a totally different sound and approach. THAT MIGHT get some hype going.

(I live an hour from Erie, but dayum, I wish I was an hour from Reading....mmmm)

We have no plans to suck. There be T-birds involved.......along with some Statesmen, Crusaders, Brigadiers, Glassmen, Phantom, and Bucs. Not good enough for you? oh yeah, I must mention our new Music City Legend lead from Cincinnatti.

Solid horn line Mikey. How's come yinz wern't using a music stand? YOU ROCK Man!!! :worthy: ...talk about being focused....

....and...just how tall is that Lead Sop from MCL..? Gotta be 6 foot plus (or close to it).

Can't believe the S##t you guys are playing. When do you breath?

We have no plans to suck. There be T-birds involved.......along with some Statesmen, Crusaders, Brigadiers, Glassmen, Phantom, and Bucs. Not good enough for you? oh yeah, I must mention our new Music City Legend lead from Cincinnatti.

Dude, you're not hearing me. Where did I say it wasn't good enough? In fact, I said quite the opposite. I even said I'd pay money to see it. I even said there's lots of talent in Erie.

It's not my personal style, not one that I'd spend oodles of hours enjoying playing. But I'd pay money to watch it. (And you need more paying customers than you need Contra players!)

I love your enthusiasm and protectionism. Keep it coming. With your passion, Thunder will be a great success, I have no doubt.