Kingsmen Sr. Corps ready to step off for First Season

In follow up to our recent DCI evaluation on March 29, the Kingsmen Sr. Corps is excited to announce that we have been approved to compete in the DCI All Age Corps Division.

We have been confirmed for six shows for the upcoming summer season:

June 20 CORPS AT THE CREST Walnut, CA

June 21 WESTERN CORPS CONNECTION Riverside, CA

July 11 SO-CAL CLASSIC Long Beach, CA

July 12 DRUMS ALONG THE PACIFIC Los Angeles, CA

July 18 CALIFORNIA STATE OPEN San Jose, CA

July 19 LOUDEST SHOW ON EARTH Dublin, CA

We look forward to joining Socal Dream and Renegades this summer, and helping to grow the All Age Divsion on the Pacific Coast.

Although in our first year, we do not plan on attending the DCA Championships in Rochester, we look forward to growth in time, and attending the Championships in the coming years. The 2009 season offers a short California touring season, and a fantastic book, based on music from West Side Story. We currently have several spots open, and are looking to fill those going into our Memoiral Day- Kamp Kingsmen 2009. Please see our other thread "Kingsmen Sr. Corps Rehearsal Info" for details.

Along with our competitive field show unit- The Kingsmen Senior Corps, our second unit -the Kingsmen Alumni Corps continues as a non-competitive unit, performing in standstills and parades. The Alumni Corps is currently finalizing its schedule for the Summer and Fall of 2009, and is open to new members. Along with putting on the Cadet, and representing the precision and trademark snap of the Kingsmen "Blue Steel" colorguard, the comraderie and family experience that continues to grow from our 2007 DCI Semifinals perfomance, is waiting for you.

Please see our website www.xkingsmen.com, to see details on both our Senior and Alumni Corps.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great News!!

Can't wait to see you guys and to spend time getting to know the folks I don't know (yet).

-Chris

Great News!!

Can't wait to see you guys and to spend time getting to know the folks I don't know (yet).

-Chris

Gilman's gonna need a bigger house for the traditional CA Sr party...

DCA-West is now officially possible.

Gilman's gonna need a bigger house for the traditional CA Sr party...

DCA-West is now officially possible.

Heh. With Saturday night's SCV Cadets show happening about 10 minutes from my house, the party is most certainly ON! And no, we won't feature a DJ this year -- so the cops don't show up.<grin> But we will have plenty of refreshing beverages, drum corps DVDs and friends!

Fantastic news about the Kingsmen! And with Freelancers also performing a standstill at the Renegades show on July 19, we'll have four all-age groups performing! Woo hoo!

See you on the 50,

- Greg

Edited by GregGilman

Thanks for the love guys, and best in your seasons as well.

For the July 18 & 19 shows, was wondering if you guys knew of any hotels in the area that might be good?

Was thinking Pleasanton, Dublin area, seeing its near the show on the 19th?

San Jose on the 18th has some good places, decent prices- Any suggestions there?

Thanks for the love guys, and best in your seasons as well.

For the July 18 & 19 shows, was wondering if you guys knew of any hotels in the area that might be good?

Was thinking Pleasanton, Dublin area, seeing its near the show on the 19th?

San Jose on the 18th has some good places, decent prices- Any suggestions there?

Drop Mike Nash (Darkman) at Dream a line....he's good at those kind of logistics.

I don't remember the name of the hotel we stayed at for the NorCal trips when I was with Dream,but it was always a good place...close to one of the show sites and practice locations, food within walking distance...and not ALL that far from Greg Gilman's place (20 minutes?)

Have a good time at the party....just don't get so drunk that you throw up on Gilman's dog (poor thing!)

Congrats Kingsmen! :tongue:

Looking forward to seeing you all this summer.

West Side Story is going to rock!

If I still lived down in So. Cal, I'd definitely be aboard. Great people, family atmosphere and a little 'ol school mixed in. It's pretty affordable too.

BTW, I help run the Kingsmen Facebook site. If you're a fan, click here and I'll add you.

Edited by scv guy

Have a good time at the party....just don't get so drunk that you throw up on Gilman's dog (poor thing!)

I have a feeling there's an interesting story there... :tongue:

It will be GREAT to see The Kingsmen in DCA in the future. The West is growing!