Best uniforms of all times

Yes, indeed, classic cadet style for no nonsense sharpness. Add Blue Rock and Des Plaines Vanguards for the great color combinations.

Your uniform also had no nonsense sharpness. Here's a 1969 program, photo may have been taken in 1967. Geneva Appleknockers were ahead of their time in uniform design; nice uniform, imo. :-)

1969-appleknockers-a.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got that same linguistic education just growing up in New York City - just substitute Swedish for Puerto Rican!

Puppet

In that case, I believe the proper linguistic term would be Psuedo-Rican.

In that case, I believe the proper linguistic term would be Psuedo-Rican.

OK. I'll settle for something in between - Nuevo-Rican!

Puppet

Harumph

"Think of your secretary, sir ..."

I figured since this was getting out of hand ... and ... "Mongo just pawn in great game of life."

Puppet

Your uniform also had no nonsense sharpness. Here's a 1969 program, photo may have been taken in 1967. Geneva Appleknockers were ahead of their time in uniform design; nice uniform, imo. :-)

1969-appleknockers-a.jpg

Linda,

Photo credit to John Bartello on this one. This is 1967 at the New York State A.L. championship prelims in Buffalo's old War Memorial Stadium (predecessor to the Bill's stadium in Orchard Park which has hosted DCI championships).

The uniform tops were 1958 vintage hand me downs from the Appleknockers senior corps who were, indeed, ahead of their times. I always wished that we had also worn the accompanying white (actually cream colored) pants for the more elegant look. They required massive alterations to fit our junior corps bodies. These were one of four styles which we wore during our ten years of competition (1965-1974). We used these in 1967 and 1968 until they were thread bare.

"Think of your secretary, sir ..."

I figured since this was getting out of hand ... and ... "Mongo just pawn in great game of life."

Puppet

It's actually "Mongo only pawn in game of life."

Don't be upset. If an actor paraphrases, he gets a note on it.

It's actually "Mongo only pawn in game of life."

Don't be upset. If an actor paraphrases, he gets a note on it.

You know, there are only about 10,000 funny lines in that movie most of which although not at all PC for current times were so gag on your popcorn funny and stacked so tightly that you might miss the next one which, no doubt, saved many lives at the time.

Puppet

third . . *sigh*

the white bucs really made it, black sox made 'em pop.

I remember how people were surprised at how "cheap" the tunics seemed up close. They were made of polyester sewn by the corps moms. They also made the gauntlets I beeleev. Some people were surprised the stars were plastic . .

The pants were wool uni pants.

How cool and ahead of their time were Prince?

prndr63.jpg

SCV 3rd - Yes - the gauntlets were also made by the moms. The only part of the uniform purchased were the pants and of course the white bucks and Aussie Hat. Your right - up close the uniform looked cheap but back in the early 70's we didn't have a lot of money so you make due. Not bad for a home made uniform!

Edited by amadorj

The Madison "janitor" uniform reminds me that when Phantom got rid of their cadet uniforms after the 1974 season, they bought white waiters' jackets from a food industry supplier. That was the beginning of their legendary white look.

We in Madison called them the "busboys"