Best uniforms of all times

third . . *sigh*

the white bucs really made it, black sox made 'em pop.

I remember how people were surprised at how "cheap" the tunics seemed up close. They were made of polyester sewn by the corps moms. They also made the gauntlets I beeleev. Some people were surprised the stars were plastic . .

The pants were wool uni pants.

Sorry, ab. Coulda been a 3-way tie for first (kinda like '72 finals?).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt:

76 Blue Devils and variations throughout the 80's.

Bridgemen

27th Lancers

Early 80 Freelancers

Kilties

Phantom

Oh and this soon to be Classic:

WHATYOUTALKINABOUT.jpg

every time i think of a uniform, there's a photo that makes me change my mind ?

...my first instinct was:

76 Blue Devils

79 Spirit

Kilties any year

SCV any year

Anaheim any year

93 Star

76 Seneca Optimists

07 Optimist Alumni

...and anyone that wore spats or white shoes/boots :-)

every time i think of a uniform, there's a photo that makes me change my mind ?

...my first instinct was:

76 Blue Devils

79 Spirit

Kilties any year

SCV any year

Anaheim any year

93 Star

76 Seneca Optimists

07 Optimist Alumni

...and anyone that wore spats or white shoes/boots :-)

You're especially right about that last bit! BITD white bucks or spats against dark trousers accentuated the height and uniformity of leg lift.

Many worked on that aspect of drill and it added greatly to effect when done right.

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

d.jpg

Rumor has it the Troopers are going with this look for their guard in 2009 for their show, "Western Side Story." :laughing:

(really, I'm serious. mmhm.)

Rumor has it the Troopers are going with this look for their guard in 2009 for their show, "Western Side Story." :laughing:

(really, I'm serious. mmhm.)

And I don't know why that made me think that the Troopers should do Blazing Saddles!

:tongue::doh:

Puppet

You're especially right about that last bit! BITD white bucks or spats against dark trousers accentuated the height and uniformity of leg lift.

Many worked on that aspect of drill and it added greatly to effect when done right.

Puppet

I agree with Puppet. The white bucs always looked sharp with dark trousers, but most corps shy away from them today because they don't want to accent any marching mistakes out there. I can understand the reasoning for that, but on the other hand, if you have an excellent well executed marching technique then why not showcase it?

I agree with Puppet. The white bucs always looked sharp with dark trousers, but most corps shy away from them today because they don't want to accent any marching mistakes out there. I can understand the reasoning for that, but on the other hand, if you have an excellent well executed marching technique then why not showcase it?

Cadets come to mind as a corps that does. I may not have liked their shows in the last couple of years, but only a fool would refuse to see the skill in the feet.

Just MHO...white bucks and dark pants look silly, and I wore them BITD. Nothing to do with hiding errors.