Ron Beyer facing heart surgery

Went through one of them 11 years ago. Some exercise needed to recover Ron and you'll feel like a new man.

Hang in there see you during the season.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for the well wishes. I will certainly pass them on to him.

I will let you know as much as I can come Monday.

Hello all,

See below from Ron's daughter Heather

Monday is the quadruple bypass- 4 to 6 hours of surgery. He did have a heart attack before Wildwood and everything that happened in Wildwood was the remnants. Hoping to have him home next Friday.

St. Luke’s Hospital – Allentown Campus

1736 Hamilton Street

Allentown, PA 18104

He is in ICU right now but very much awake.

He'll be fine. I had a triple in 1996 and I'm still around annoying people. Tell Heather to get her dad a nice firm pillow to hold against his chest in case he has to cough, or God forbid - sneeze. Some hospitals give them to bypass patients. You find out why real quick. Ouch :grouphug:

He'll be fine. I had a triple in 1996 and I'm still around annoying people. Tell Heather to get her dad a nice firm pillow to hold against his chest in case he has to cough, or God forbid - sneeze. Some hospitals give them to bypass patients. You find out why real quick. Ouch :grouphug:

Good advice.......so true. I had mine in 2002 and 8 weeks later I was learning the drill for the season. (and one of the hottest summers - try to avoid the sun). So I finished the season which was a good mental thing for me.

Good luck and keep that pillow with you for a few months.

Feel Better big guy talk to you soon.

Just talked to Dad.

He is doing good. Getting irritated being in the hospital for so long, but is trying to be nice. He is still in ICU but is up and around.

His surgery is Monday at 7:30am.

He wanted me to tell everyone thank you for the well wishes and prayers and he will be back on his feet and will have a new story to tell everyone.

Heather tell him to be glad he hasnt seen the get well ideas flying around the NJA email web the last 2 days :blink: