Countdown problems?

Anyone else have problems with the countdown? the one here in Madison MS did not work again for the 2nd year in a row. Something about a faulty hard drive...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned from the countdown and it was terrible.

The sound was way too soft and the left side speakers were not working. Asked many times to turn it up.. no luck.

Would not have made any difference with the left channel out.

Do they test this ahead of time?

This is the 2nd time we have tried this... never again!!

Had no major problems in Topeka. First time it's been shown here. Had a few minor audio hic-ups. They brought the volume up as the night progressed. I was too close for my old eyes. (wife needed h/c seating) Will sit higher for quarters !

Just came home from the AMC theater in Phoenix. No show, no connection, and the management did not know why, but said it was probably their equipment. Since there were problems in other locations, it seems to be a system problem. Attendance was terrible and we waited for a long time to find out there was no feed. Probably about 30 people attending. They gave us a refund of the Countdown fees, and offered a free ticket for a movie of our choice. Will not try this again. Quarterfinals maybe.

Audio problems in Orlando big time! They actually had to rewind the show and start over after half of the Bluecoats went with no sound! The sound was still terrible till Santa Clara, and even after that, it was only decent! My stereo at home puts out a better sound!

How hard would it be to run a test around 3:00 in the afternoon with a volunteer drum corps person in the theater to tell them how to adjust the sound situation?

This will probably be the last time I shell out hard earned cash for this! I could have stayed at home and had a better experience!

I must admit, I did really enjoy the camp reports, and the sound for those seemed excellent! Go figure! I would pay for two hours of camp updates next year in early May!

Are you listening DCI?

the sound was completely turned down in Austin. After the BD show (you couldn't even hear the drumline or high brass at parts) a guy complained and they turned it up slightly ("No one plays BD at 1/3 volume when i'm around!" to directly quote the guy). After SCV we went to management and they finally turned it up to a reasonable volume. Crown and the following were quite enjoyable once you could hear anything.

Volume was pretty soft in Birmingham, AL too.

Volume was very low in West Des Moines. After Bluecoats, myself and another gentleman went out to ask them to turn it up. Devils were still too low, and I think another guy went out. After that, they finally turned it up to a level that was acceptable, if not desirable.

What cracks me up is that I saw Star Trek in that very same theater last weekend and the sound was shaking the theater.

forgot to mention that about 10 minutes after they said they could not show drum corps, they started playing Star Trek. Seemed kinda odd to me. That and the fact the manager did not seem at all bothered about it.