Corps in the HUNT.

Blue Knights will undoubtedly make finals without playing one single coherent melody and with the most flawed marching technique in DCI.

Blue Stars will surely make finals again. Although their product last year was a severely over-hyped band -in-a-box show that they performed the poop out of, I think their design will improve and with a hard-hitting staff like that, they'll get in for sure.

Boston- Haven't we been waiting for Boston to break into that upper crust ever since 2000 when they floored all of us with that amazing performance. Ahhh, the aroma of unmet expectations. Congrats BAC, your in again.

Glassmen- so would you like your regular seat at the finals table, sir? Ahhhh, yes, placement #11, my favorite. I guess consistency counts for something. This is a corps that seems to find their flow sometime around San Antonio and then lose it around Allentown. If they can come out smokin' and keep some momentum going, there could be a change of seating at the dinner table.

Madison- retread show, no thanks.

Colts- who knows, this is the most bi-polar corps in DCI. One night they look like they are poised for true greatness, the next night they could pass for a bad marching band. They just swing so far, its hard to trust a group like that. And just because you play lots of melodies doesn't mean that the concept of your show is worth a darn. They definitely can make finals, but do they really want to?

Crossmen- I don't even remember their show from last summer, thats the kind of impression that the X-Men had on a lot of people last summer. They have to have something for people to remember if they are going to earn a spot in the top 12, not just a decent show.

Ultimate Bubble Corps- Spirit of Whatever it is this year- I don't know if the music of Kansas, which is great by the way, is going to "do it" for the folks in green, but there will be a lot of raw emotion and uncontrolled energy on the field which at least gives the impression of intensity. Oh, and what exactly is the marching technique this year? It changes about as much as the uniform.

Now, please remember that I wrote this with a devilish smile on my face and my tongue in my cheek, so please don't think I'm out to ruin your corps, but thats just the way me and my homies see it, and thats it.

Peace.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the bubble corps this year are Colts, Spirit, Crossmen,Madison and Glassmen. Boston always seems like a lock, BK will come on strong this year and Bluecoats will fall back to ho hum middle of the road status. Blue Stars will be competing for a top 5 spot, but these are just my silly little opinions. :smile:

in fo sho

Blue Devils

Phantom

Cavies

Cadets

SCV

Crown

Bluecoats

in fo maybe

Blue Stars

Blue Knights

Boston

Glassmen

oot

Madison

in

Crossmen

I think the bubble corps this year are Colts, Spirit, Crossmen,Madison and Glassmen. Boston always seems like a lock, BK will come on strong this year and Bluecoats will fall back to ho hum middle of the road status. Blue Stars will be competing for a top 5 spot, but these are just my silly little opinions. :ph34r:

I agree with your silly opinions :smile::smile: .

I definitely think Spirit will surprise some people this year, regardless of placement.

oot

Madison

lol

You guys are so cute.

Bluecoats are cut from finals.

sad face

personally, I wanna see Troopers up there again...Western Side Story...has a shot!

personally, I wanna see Troopers up there again...Western Side Story...has a shot!

250_dumb-and-dumber1.jpg

Bluecoats are cut from finals.

Nah, just banned from retreat :smile: