OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

I miss Boerma's arrangements, though.

Amen. This and more this. Not just Boerma's arrangments, but the fire he brought to the Madison horns in the late 80s and through the 90s. He was the sole reason the Madison hornline sounded the way it sounded. After being a student of his for 5+ years, I can attest to this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen. This and more this. Not just Boerma's arrangments, but the fire he brought to the Madison horns in the late 80s and through the 90s. He was the sole reason the Madison hornline sounded the way it sounded. After being a student of his for 5+ years, I can attest to this.

That's right, it was Boerma and Boerma alone.

...uh, plus the players

...and the other staff

...and the traditions handed down year to year

...and the G-horn.

but, yeah, ALL Boerma. #### straight.

Pictures from 2009 Dress Rehearsal.

First, what everyone wanted to see, the guard...

019a.jpg

This also shows the other modification, a stylized Fleur de lis on the Aussie to go with the red sash.

Dm Salute

017.jpg

Dann Petersen addressing the crowd, probably 2-300 spectators

010.jpg

Starting Line

016.jpg

025a-1.jpg

034.jpg

026a-1.jpg

042.jpg

030-1.jpg

Does anyone know if the Fabulous Madison Green gods are marching any holes.......I only counted eleven tubas on the field during the JC Superstar clip and was told they were marching twelve. We always seem to loose several men prior to tour due to injury, etc........just wondering.

Here's to wishing that a few digital pictures or video of tonight's dress rehearsal make through to the Internet tonight before it's all yanked by the Profit Margin Gestapo!

Mad75

Jerry Hundt

Scouts 71-81

MSARP 2006

I counted 71 horns tonight, there are 74 spots. My unofficial count 23 sops, 11 Mello, 10 Euph, 16 baritone, 11 contra. One member must have been brand new, he was marching in shorts and t shirt.

8 snare, 4 multi, 5 bass, 4 plates. Sorry I forgot to count guard but I understand it is full.

Edited by Scerpella

Hmmmm, I like it!

And much more flattering for all the members, no matter what their body type. We shouldn't have the chatter about the heavier set guard members like we did last season.

Better yet, They are very good too