OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

I really don't like the sash on the corps uniforms and the guard outfits look too over the top for my tastes. I really hope my view changes when I see them because I'm really wanting to like this show.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...now those are guard uniforms!

Everyone see the standstill that is on the FanNetwork?

I love the sash. It's going to look great under the lights. But I think it should be worn over the collar. Also, I might have gone with silver given the theme of the show (relampago = lightning).

The logic of guard costumes is to evoke as many "OMFG's" as possible. I would have gone with a different color scheme, but the basic idea is good. Again, you have to see it under the lights.

Pictures from 2009 Dress Rehearsal.

Dan, thanks for posting the photos. The ones I took with my first gen iPhone pale in comparison.

I like the fact that they've added the "sash", and I like that it's different than the simple sash we used to wear. On the other hand, in my opinion it is just a little too prominent. I absolutely love these jackets and the bright red is a distraction for me. Interestingly, not so much from the back as from the front.

Some here have expressed dissatisfaction with how far down the "tail" of the sash falls. Not for me -- I like it that way.

Who knows, it is an easy thing to modify later in the season if necessary. I doubt the judges will have an opinion. After all, it's all about drumming, bugling, twirling, and marching better and more interestingly than others.

On that topic, I don't feel qualified to offer a detailed review of their show. Yesterday was the first time I've seen the Scouts this season. With more familiarity I would have more of an opinion. (Though I will say, as a horn player, that I am very impressed with the horn line as they play a difficult book. And, I really like the original ballad.)

Suffice it to say that I think they are way ahead of where they were at this time last year, and that there will be lots of rewriting done through the course of the season to tweak and improve the show. No one comes out of the gate with exactly the same show they end the season with.

The show is good as it is, and has the potential to be even better.

I thought those guard uniforms looked familiar...

black_lightning_1.jpg