OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

If Madison were to strive for a new direction, though, the 1999 JC Superstar show is my favorite Madison show in decades. That is the type of show/style that Madison excels at.

haha funny...i was just watching the 99 show on fan network...i love that one

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was my 3rd year in the corps.

we never beat the cavies head to head...BUT we were ranked 1st for a couple days around that time, I believe it was the Cedarburg show that gave us the highest score.

Yes - this is what I remember. The highest score to date - at the time.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

GO SCOUTS!!!

BRING BACK MADISON!!!!!

(rant over)

BRING BACK SANTA CLARA!!!!!

BRING BACK BLUE DEVILS!!!!!

BRING BACK CAVALIERS!!!!!

Each of these corps has undergone major changes in style. Cavaliers in the 80s?

Design is the least of the Scouts issues. Number one is they need to learn a uniform marching style. You cannot have 75 different marching styles in a 72-man hornline. It just does not work.

If the talent is there, as many suggest, then the blame has to be laid clearly on the current design team and staff. Having top notch designers on board like Sal Salas, Michael Cesario, Pete Weber, Lee Beddis, Colin McNutt, Scott Borema, Mark Metzger, etc, etc, etc, ......makes a big difference in the quality of the designed product. I know that's a "Captain Obvious" statement, but there are some hard headed traditionalist who just don't get it.

I like Sal and 2003-2006 are certainly the best Scouts of this decade. Design was generally a step up from 2000-2002, but of the 4 years Sal was in charge, only 2003 and 2005 were clear "hits" design-wise. 2004 was o.k. 2006 was high demand without effect.

Sal's other major accomplishments were 1) he fixed the color guard and 2) he brought in people who taught the corps proper how to march.

Design is the least of the Scouts issues. Number one is they need to learn a uniform marching style. You cannot have 75 different marching styles in a 72-man hornline. It just does not work.

I respectfully disagree. If you gave this same show to the current Blue Devils to perform it would not be scoring anywhere near the other top shows. Yes, execution would improve the score some, but you would still have a show that would be scored in the 80s at finals.

But....WHO CARES ABOUT THE SCORE IF IT COULD SIMPLY BE A SHOW THAT WAS MADISON!

This one is not.

BRING BACK SANTA CLARA!!!!!

BRING BACK BLUE DEVILS!!!!!

BRING BACK CAVALIERS!!!!!

Each of these corps has undergone major changes in style. Cavaliers in the 80s?

I agree Vince, slop, slop, slop.........but, I'm sure you'd agree that Madison has an established MO, a certain signature that the fan (and alumni) have come to love and expect. My points earlier (back a few pages) are that we seem to be experiencing a problem in the world of reality when it comes to those at the helm who set either uneducated or unrealistic pre-season expectations. These same individuals don't seem to have a realistic pulse on the activity at large nor a clear understanding of what it takes to be in that mix. It was a "tangible knowing" for a greater part of Madison's history that was understood and realized that "kept" Madison doing what they do best.........with Madison machismo. Now, we get a lot of preseason POW-ness! and end up with mid season meekness and angst attempting once again for a late game "hail-marry". I really hope there's still a rudder attached to this ship and there's able command at the tiller. Otherwise, all we have is hyperbole with the "middle of the pack" looking like a "moon-shot" away!...........oh well, maybe next year a more clearly understood super hero is the answer?

I respectfully disagree. If you gave this same show to the current Blue Devils to perform it would not be scoring anywhere near the other top shows. Yes, execution would improve the score some, but you would still have a show that would be scored in the 80s at finals.

But....WHO CARES ABOUT THE SCORE IF IT COULD SIMPLY BE A SHOW THAT WAS MADISON!

This one is not.

Wow...I couldn't have said it any better. thank you.

I agree Vince, slop, slop, slop.........but, I'm sure you'd agree that Madison has an established MO, a certain signature that the fan (and alumni) have come to love and expect. My points earlier (back a few pages) are that we seem to be experiencing a problem in the world of reality when it comes to those at the helm who set either uneducated or unrealistic pre-season expectations. These same individuals don't seem to have a realistic pulse on the activity at large nor a clear understanding of what it takes to be in that mix. It was a "tangible knowing" for a greater part of Madison's history that was understood and realized that "kept" Madison doing what they do best.........with Madison machismo. Now, we get a lot of preseason POW-ness! and end up with mid season meekness and angst attempting once again for a late game "hail-marry". I really hope there's still a rudder attached to this ship and there's able command at the tiller. Otherwise, all we have is hyperbole with the "middle of the pack" looking like a "moon-shot" away!...........oh well, maybe next year a more clearly understood super hero is the answer?

Which is exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you too.

No offense to other guy.

I just want MY Madison back...MYNWA

I know this was posted earlier in here, but did we ever determine if anyone on Madison's staff actually got permission to copy this design, pretty much verbatim? Or... :thumbdown:

Before anyone twists this on me, let me say I think it's pretty cool actually. If you're going to choose a sweet ### superhero design, that's pretty good. I just wish the content and performance of the guard was there to support the show this year. *sighs*.

Black Lightning:

2724927154_df6339fd82.jpg

Edited by IMcomguy

I was at finals at the 98 show...they were awesome and your right...pure scouts!! 99 Jesus Christ Superstar was pure Madison too!!

It's nice to see some '98 love...I can't believe it's been 11 years already!