OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Oh...Scouts, if you are watching...please remove drum break number 3...about 9 or so minutes into the show. It is redundant and it totally gets in the way of the dark vibe at the beginning of that part of the show. Take the drums out and keep the same horn parts...so nothing lost. This will give you upwards of 6 measures to play with at the end of the show...which builds and builds (sounds like a past Phantom Regiment chord progression)...but goes nowhere fast. ditch the drum part...add some horn speed and volume to the end...maybe a fleur. IMO...this gets you a quick point of more.

Ive written for a few top twelve corps and I'm not even dumb enough to post the way you do...

Don"t give advice on here call the corps office if you're man enough... this thread is for friends and family to check in on without having to read RANTS.

open your own thread for that B.S.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to Alumni Rob Ovalle for bringing the corp pizza last night, and to Alumni Mike Allen for the ice cold Gaterade for everyone! My son was sure glad for that.

Linda - you talked me into volunteering:

I'm heading down to help cook from San Antonio to Murray KY - so if anyone else wants to throw in a meal and save the cooks I'd sure apreciate it!  I for one am looking forward to the legendary BBQ hosted by Bill L.

Ive written for a few top twelve corps and I'm not even dumb enough to post the way you do...

Don"t give advice on here call the corps office if you're man enough... this thread is for friends and family to check in on without having to read RANTS.

open your own thread for that B.S.

Thank you for your thoughtful insight. No, this thread is not just for friends and family. This is Drum Corps Planet...not Drum Corps Friends and Family No...my comments were not rants...but thank you for putting that in CAPs for me. I was just expressing a thought...a wish, perhaps...knowing full well that the staff of the Scouts will pay little to no attention. I will, in fact, man up and send this directly to the Scouts...again, not that it will matter...but I might...just as a fan with a thought.

I have not written for a few top twelve corps...so does that mean you can order me around, call me dumb, tell me to man up, call a simple thought B.S? Keep your arrogance to yourself, thank you....and the fact that you wrote for top twelve corps does little to impress me...but thank you, again, for making sure you made mention of that initially and at the bottom near your signature line.

To reiterate...I just made a comment, request, desire, whatever...I did not call anyone in the Scouts names, I did not question their sexual prowess, I did not call their show B.S. I am just a long time fan that made a comment...and I certainly don't think I deserve this level of angst...or any angst, for that matter.

Thank you to Alumni Rob Ovalle for bringing the corp pizza last night, and to Alumni Mike Allen for the ice cold Gaterade for everyone! My son was sure glad for that.

Linda - you talked me into volunteering:

I'm heading down to help cook from San Antonio to Murray KY - so if anyone else wants to throw in a meal and save the cooks I'd sure apreciate it!  I for one am looking forward to the legendary BBQ hosted by Bill L.

Look forward to seeing you in Murray, KY!

GO SCOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your thoughtful insight. No, this thread is not just for friends and family. This is Drum Corps Planet...not Drum Corps Friends and Family No...my comments were not rants...but thank you for putting that in CAPs for me. I was just expressing a thought...a wish, perhaps...knowing full well that the staff of the Scouts will pay little to no attention. I will, in fact, man up and send this directly to the Scouts...again, not that it will matter...but I might...just as a fan with a thought.

I have not written for a few top twelve corps...so does that mean you can order me around, call me dumb, tell me to man up, call a simple thought B.S? Keep your arrogance to yourself, thank you....and the fact that you wrote for top twelve corps does little to impress me...but thank you, again, for making sure you made mention of that initially and at the bottom near your signature line.

To reiterate...I just made a comment, request, desire, whatever...I did not call anyone in the Scouts names, I did not question their sexual prowess, I did not call their show B.S. I am just a long time fan that made a comment...and I certainly don't think I deserve this level of angst...or any angst, for that matter.

Gentlemen...... this is not what the scouts need right now.

Gentlemen...... this is not what the scouts need right now.

Boy do I agree with this. Wow.

How come there aren't people freaking out all over DCP about the fact that Phantom Regiment won DCI last year, and this year they are apparently in this contrived 10th place position this year????

Good lord. Everybody take two steps back from the freakout-o-meter...

Boy do I agree with this. Wow.

How come there aren't people freaking out all over DCP about the fact that Phantom Regiment won DCI last year, and this year they are apparently in this contrived 10th place position this year????

Good lord. Everybody take two steps back from the freakout-o-meter...

I would never go to their thread and tell them to change their show!?!?

RIGHT?

:spitting:

Edited by Cop

"I've written for a few top twelve corps and I'm not even dumb enough to post the way you do...

open your own thread for that B.S."

Can you enlighten us to which top 12 you have "written for"?

I'm looking forward to seeing Madison's show tomorrow. Let's see how it goes against a full lineup before getting too upset about scores.

It would be really cool if we could keep personal attacks out, too.