Memories and Condolences

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Brigadier's Asst. Corps Director Bruce McCready passes

The Brigadier's Assistant Corps Director Bruce McCready succumbed to an all too brief battle with cancer, today 5/27/09. Bruce was a well known instructor and adjudicator in Drum Corps, Marching Bands and Winter Guards. He instructed Marcus Whitman HS Winter Guard for many years and won the first WGI World Scholastic Winter Guard Championship. Bruce has been either an instructor or adjudicator for DCA for the past 30 years.

DCA President, Gil Silva upon hearing of Bruce's passing advised "one of the great things about drum corps is being able to meet a guy like Bruce". He went on to say that he was one of the nicest guys in the activity whose influence and kind heart touched everyone he met.

DCA sends it condolences to Bruce's Mother and Siblings and the entire Brigadier community. He will be sorely missed by all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be missed Bubba!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Brigadier's Asst. Corps Director Bruce McCready passes

The Brigadier's Assistant Corps Director Bruce McCready succumbed to an all too brief battle with cancer, today 5/27/09. Bruce was a well known instructor and adjudicator in Drum Corps, Marching Bands and Winter Guards. He instructed Marcus Whitman HS Winter Guard for many years and won the first WGI World Scholastic Winter Guard Championship. Bruce has been either an instructor or adjudicator for DCA for the past 30 years.

DCA President, Gil Silva upon hearing of Bruce's passing advised "one of the great things about drum corps is being able to meet a guy like Bruce". He went on to say that he was one of the nicest guys in the activity whose influence and kind heart touched everyone he met.

DCA sends it condolences to Bruce's Mother and Siblings and the entire Brigadier community. He will be sorely missed by all.

A sad day for the drum corps family.

Bruce, you will be missed.

Bruce was one of the most honorable, humble, and all around wonderful persons that I and many others had the good fortune to know. It was he who was instrumental in the "re-birth" of the Brigadier organization these past few years.

He was always there to help out those who where struggling, or to offer encouragement and hope to those who thought all was lost. I know that his legacy will carry on throughout the many organizations who benefited from his wisdom and guidance.

I will miss him dearly......and had hoped to have the corps he loved so much perform for him one more time.......but know that he will be looking down this summer...... from the best seats in heaven.

Rest in Peace my dear friend..........

Edited by RAM

Rick - thank you for making that picture your avatar. It helps a little to see his face when he was so well and happy.

Will you keep us alums posted as to what tributes the corps might do?

He was a very good friend and GREAT competitor...

My condolences to the McCready and his Brigadier Family! He will be missed, but not forgotten!

Best seat in the house now! Say hello to Dad and the rest for me Bruce !!

+

Edited by donincardona

From the entire Mighty St. Joe's Family we send our condolences to Bruce's Family and the also the Brigs Family. This is truly a sad day for his families and the drum corps world. It all happened so quickly.

May you rest in peace Bruce knowing how much you meant to this activity.......