2009 Class A Predictions Thread

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies-yes, Cape Coral-No. That's Don Kolenda. I marched with him in the snare line last summer in the CAC. I'm actually from Ohio, but we spend the summers in Sarasota. Not being too familar with all age drum corps, I was plesantly suprised. Hopefully, I can come back in a few weeks and see what it looks like on the field.

Summers in Sarasota? Seems a bit backwards, but then again I know a few people from Ohio. Don't you get blinded by all the headlights coming at you driving down to Florida and back?

All in jest!!!

Summers in Sarasota? Seems a bit backwards, but then again I know a few people from Ohio. Don't you get blinded by all the headlights coming at you driving down to Florida and back?

All in jest!!!

Yea, we are kinda like reverse snowbirds. My wife and I are both teachers, so we take the time when we can get it.

Nothing wrong with summers here in Sarasota! AC is on, the pool is beautiful and we even got rain the other night. Snowbirds are always welcome down here and when the arrive business is even better. It sux when you can't get into a restauraunt because there are so many people. We have learned to go eat at 4 pm to avoid the rush. Boy do we feel old going in so early.

All in jest!!!

Ok after seeing the scores from the first few weeks, I, for one, am even more excited for this season. Many people will argue that scores mean nothing, especially with different judging panels, but it gives us an IDEA of how corps are doing. Now once Fusion gets out, then we'll know a lot more of whose got what. If my information is right that is my corps' first competition this season too. July 11 in auburn. That show looks VERY EXCITING for class A. :blink:

GO VIGILANTES!!!!

I SECOND THAT!!!! GO TEDDY!!!!

Keith you are OLD.

Okay Ancient Relic! LOL. I actually feel younger. It might have been the stent that was put in..lol.

Thanks Dick, I remember those days in 1972 when you came down to work with the corps and then in 1984 with Kenmore East. Long time ago aye?

Keith you are OLD.

I SECOND THAT!!!! GO TEDDY!!!!

OMG...I've never heard him referred to as "Teddy"

:thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...
The action starts real soon... so, here's my prediction:

Sunrisers

Fusion Core

Grenadiers

Carolina Gold

Govenaires

White Sabers

Sun Devils

Vigilantes

Lakeshoremen

Shenandoah Sound

Austin Stars

Excelsior/Targets

Sunrisers not out yet.. but I'm thinking my Final Four is still going to stick.