Open Class Predictions

Too much panty bunchin' in here! Predictions are fun, bold, and not serious at all. No offense should be taken at all, just have fun with them.

Either way, we all know 2009 is going to kick ### as much as every year, but there are a few corps to keep an eye on. We know Minnesota is hungry after a 2nd place finish last year. Empire is looking to take top honours again. Buccaneers are big and blue, ready to take the 5th straight title. You also have Hurricanes now in the mix, who could do some damage.

Embrace it folks!

:thumbs-up:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one really like reading all the hype and heated responses. It's kind of like the buildup to a Wrestle-Mania event on PPV. If some people get their panties in a bunch because someone "from" another corps says that their corps is the best, then those people need to switch to boxers and take a self-help class.

As a fan, I am excited to hear a little noise as of late. It was WAY TOO quiet all winter. Now it sounds like several corps are revving up to take it to the limit this season. Call it hype or whatever you want, I call it passion for drum corps and that is a good thing.

Speaking of passionate fans, I would like to ask friends of Jeff Rodenkrauch (you may only know him as Cooter) to have a good thought for him. He is going through some "issues" right now (nuff said). He has been a great fan of drum corps for many years and certainly knows how to take it to the limit. I know he will be fine and I look forward to running into him in the lot at some shows this summer.

Can't wait for this season to begin! Hope everyone brings their A game and is ready to go toe to toe!

Thanks DCC.

I just want to send my best to Jeff Rodenkrauch. He is a great fan and associate.

It is pretty funny that someone would put the Bucs in 4th or 5th. That really shows your bias towards another corps and reinforces the lack of validity or logic in this ranking thread. No problems with any of this, just sayin.

The Bucs have been untouchable since 2005 and not much has changed from year to year, so I see those predictions as highly unlikely, even in DCA.

Anyway, back to the fun, keep predicting.

Just sayin.

Everyone remember last years discussion about the speculation Renegades would not making finals?

How did that work out for them?????????????/

:cool: :cool: :devil::doh: :doh: :tongue:

Purchasing uniforms is a major expense for a corps that has been accused of the beginning of the end for them.

What a joke. :cool::doh: :doh: :ph34r:

You know, those of us at MBI often talked about how wonderful the Renegades were for the activity. I still remember discussions - usually around a beer or two after practice - that centered around how the Renegades had the potential of being the first non-NE corps to win DCA, even before MBI.

And you know? I still think that's the case. It all depends upon the Renegades and how hungry they are for it. The Renegades should focus on their name. Give the crowds something that hasn't been seen before, and do it flawlessly. That should be their style. And how amazing that would be!

Forgive me if I am out of line, but I suspect the Renegades might have originally thought it would be relatively easy to break into DCA and eventually win a title. And the fact that it isn't that easy may have jarred their perception of the activity and caused some of their members to reconsider their commitments, or at least dashed their enthusiasm. I hope they look beyond this, because they have a product that is unique in the activity. To all Renegades, I say: Believe in your corps. Believe in your mission.

DCA is better with you.

In any case, I just want to say how proud I am of the advances the DCA corps have exhibited over the years. All of them, it seems from the top down, have re-tooled their programs and have come out with innovative programs that are not only judge-friendly, but fan-friendly as well. And that's the fine line we all have to march around.

I guess I'll go with my gut and take the underdog...

1. Buccaneers

2. MN Brass

3. Hurricanes

4. Renegades

5. Caballeros

6. Bushwackers

7. Empire Statesmen

8. Brigadiers

9. Alliance

10. CorpsVets

11. Kilties

12. Crusaders (TIE)

12. Music City Legend (TIE)

I got to looking at this one and thought... what underdog are we talking about here? Obviously you aren't referring to Bucs.

Edited by BOSMarcher

You know, those of us at MBI often talked about how wonderful the Renegades were for the activity. I still remember discussions - usually around a beer or two after practice - that centered around how the Renegades had the potential of being the first non-NE corps to win DCA, even before MBI.

And you know? I still think that's the case. It all depends upon the Renegades and how hungry they are for it. The Renegades should focus on their name. Give the crowds something that hasn't been seen before, and do it flawlessly. That should be their style. And how amazing that would be!

Forgive me if I am out of line, but I suspect the Renegades might have originally thought it would be relatively easy to break into DCA and eventually win a title. And the fact that it isn't that easy may have jarred their perception of the activity and caused some of their members to reconsider their commitments, or at least dashed their enthusiasm. I hope they look beyond this, because they have a product that is unique in the activity. To all Renegades, I say: Believe in your corps. Believe in your mission.

DCA is better with you.

In any case, I just want to say how proud I am of the advances the DCA corps have exhibited over the years. All of them, it seems from the top down, have re-tooled their programs and have come out with innovative programs that are not only judge-friendly, but fan-friendly as well. And that's the fine line we all have to march around.

I tend to agree with you on most of your post.Renegades when they walked onto the field in 2004 owned the field that night.They knew it,the crowd knew it and the judges didn't know what to do with them.

I think that knocked some of the wind out of their sails.05 and 06 were still great shows for the Renegades but some of the magic from 2004 was noticeably lost.As much as I love the Renegades their 07 and 08 shows were very entertaining but noticeably dirtier visually.

I hope Renegades can get some of that Magic back from 04.Cleaning the marching and fundamentals will go a long way into making the move up for them.

Best of luck to you guys this year.

Once again being misunderstood. Interestingly enough, I did assume I would get a comment from a CV person (so I guess that is my fault for stating my post the way I did). No, I have not heard your show yet... and the comment was not even directed at CV in particular. You must not have read the post I was referring to. You guys were 9th last year. I included you in that bunch with Cru because you had been in that position for four years (not the Cru has). I was defending the people that may not have included the Crusaders in their Top 10.

For the record, I do not think that CV's show is like last year's. I do, however, think it will be very similar in style to the years before (southern jazz). That's fine, if that is what the staff wants to do... I'm not telling anyone how to design. I would like to see something different come out of CV this year (I felt like the show announcement was a step backwards), and based off of what I know (which is your rep), it doesn't appear that anything is changing (including the staff, so that means the design will be similar)... therefore, I include CV in my personal corps that could backslide a little.

Once again, I would like to see all of the southern corps in Finals, but that was my honest opinion. Sorry if you don't like it. I do wish you guys and all of the DCA South corps good luck this summer. I will be cheering ALL of you on!

I can certainly see how you formulated your opinion as to CV's eventual finish by looking at our website and reading the name of the show.

DCA is better with you.

The 2009 Renegades look and sound good for this time in the season. We are hungry for it!!! Don't worry we believe in our corps ( the kool aid taste pretty good) and we believe in our mission. Uniforms came in last night and the the Renegades sanze potato sack will be kicking ###. I would tell you my mission but I did that in 2005 and got kicked off of DCP for 7 days. Let's just say we are ready to give you the great show you expect from the San Francisco Renegades

7 :tongue:

DCA is better with you.

Thanks Ron for your kind words!

As far as thinking that "it would be relatively easy to break into DCA and eventually win a title" goes, yes we did believe that we could be consistent enough to make finals every year(which we've been able to do so far), but we NEVER thought that it would be easy to win a title. We have been realistic with our goals knowing that we have one of the "oldest" groups out there, and probably rehearse the least out of just about anyone, as well. I'm not trying to make excuses, just being realistic. The good news is that the average age of our members has been dropping for the past several years, so our future looks bright!

I tend to agree with you on most of your post.Renegades when they walked onto the field in 2004 owned the field that night.They knew it,the crowd knew it and the judges didn't know what to do with them.

I think that knocked some of the wind out of their sails.05 and 06 were still great shows for the Renegades but some of the magic from 2004 was noticeably lost.As much as I love the Renegades their 07 and 08 shows were very entertaining but noticeably dirtier visually.

I hope Renegades can get some of that Magic back from 04.Cleaning the marching and fundamentals will go a long way into making the move up for them.

Best of luck to you guys this year.

My opinion only Ed, but I felt that '05 was BY FAR the best corps that we have ever fielded. And certainly the best hornline that we have ever put out, again IMHO.