Open Class Predictions

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it, DCC !

I'm a huge college football fan. One of my pleasures at this time is reading all the Top 25 lists and analysis that start to appear about now, before a down is even played. This type of drum corps discussion builds excitement for me and gives me a chance to try and analyze what others have contributed.

ROLL TIDE!

Go Vols..... Long live Rocky Top

MCL Patrick -

Gap-toothed farmer! But, Fat Phil is gone so that could be an upside. (kidding, of course)

Ain't SEC football the epitome of college football? No other conference comes close. I wish you a (almost) undefeated season.

MCL Patrick -

Gap-toothed farmer! But, Fat Phil is gone so that could be an upside. (kidding, of course)

Ain't SEC football the epitome of college football? No other conference comes close. I wish you a (almost) undefeated season.

Same to you on the almost undefeated season..(we aren't expecting too much this year with our new coach and all anyways, so I am certain you will have a better football season than me this year).....I do have a mess of family that attended Alabama as well....always fun family fights between the Tennessee and Alabama contingents

you have much wisdom, grasshopper. take the pebble from my hand . . . . .

what, is the reference too old and obscure?

LOL :thumbdown:

ok..... Corpsvets will place somewhere between 8th and 10th.

The CorpsVets finishing 9th??

Has that ever happened before??????? :thumbdown:

Fran

Ya gotta love these prediction forums.

We have seen people put Buccs in 3rd ~ I doubt it,

put Hurcs in 8th ~ I seriously doubt it,

Empire out of the top 5 ~ I really doubt it.

Crusaders not making finals ~ I doubt it,

and so on.

But since its of course for the fun of it and since not a single one of these predictions have any type of credibility to back them up besides hype, Ill put in my penny's worth.

1st Buccs (Until someone shows signs of knocking them out, they arent moving)

2nd Hurcs (Last year, except for a few people, everyone had Hurcs at 7th, 8th, or not even making finals in the preseason. That quickly turned around after Barnum. I think they will build from what they had last year. Hopefully they will not peak too soon like last year.)

3rd Empire (They are just to good of a group to be knocked out of the top 3. Unless MBI does another repeat of last year, these guys are staying in the top 3.)

4th MBI (Great program. Hurcs and Empire Are just alittle better. This will be close)

5th Cabs (Great horn line as usual, their visual book has not been what its been in recent years. Percussion always great.)

6th Corpvets (They have been coming along for a while. Strong membership. Strong organization. Its time for them to start moving up the ladder)

7th Bush (Not as strong as previous years, but still in the hunt and cannot be counted out

8th Renegades (New Unis, New Attitude. It might take another year to really move up, but they will have a great show as usual.)

9th Brigs (Great organization, just not as strong as the 8 corps above them)

10th Crusaders (Underdog. Counted out in almost every other post. I believe they will fight hard to stay in the top 10.)

All I know is at finals last year, when the announcer said hold on tight, I knew it was going to be interesting. And yes it was. I have a feeling that this year, there will be no clear cut placements until finals night when the scores are announced. Corps will be flip flopping all season im sure and I hope

Ya gotta love these prediction forums.

We have seen people put Buccs in 3rd ~ I doubt it,

put Hurcs in 8th ~ I seriously doubt it,

Empire out of the top 5 ~ I really doubt it.

Crusaders not making finals ~ I doubt it,

and so on.

But since its of course for the fun of it and since not a single one of these predictions have any type of credibility to back them up besides hype, Ill put in my penny's worth.

1st Buccs (Until someone shows signs of knocking them out, they arent moving)

2nd Hurcs (Last year, except for a few people, everyone had Hurcs at 7th, 8th, or not even making finals in the preseason. That quickly turned around after Barnum. I think they will build from what they had last year. Hopefully they will not peak too soon like last year.)

3rd Empire (They are just to good of a group to be knocked out of the top 3. Unless MBI does another repeat of last year, these guys are staying in the top 3.)

4th MBI (Great program. Hurcs and Empire Are just alittle better. This will be close)

5th Cabs (Great horn line as usual, their visual book has not been what its been in recent years. Percussion always great.)

6th Corpvets (They have been coming along for a while. Strong membership. Strong organization. Its time for them to start moving up the ladder)

7th Bush (Not as strong as previous years, but still in the hunt and cannot be counted out

8th Renegades (New Unis, New Attitude. It might take another year to really move up, but they will have a great show as usual.)

9th Brigs (Great organization, just not as strong as the 8 corps above them)

10th Crusaders (Underdog. Counted out in almost every other post. I believe they will fight hard to stay in the top 10.)

All I know is at finals last year, when the announcer said hold on tight, I knew it was going to be interesting. And yes it was. I have a feeling that this year, there will be no clear cut placements until finals night when the scores are announced. Corps will be flip flopping all season im sure and I hope

Seems like a well thought out post and as good of a guess as anyones at this point

Well, it would not be a prediction thread without a little bit of controversy and inflation for the corps you are rooting for, or have seen the most. With that being said, I am not sure if having the Crusaders out of Finals (or even the Corpsvets) is so off the wall. They are essentially doing the same show as last year (same style and genre) and the Crusaders were almost caught in Prelims by a less than full MCL. MCL is larger this year by all accounts, so I feel like they will be better. Their show didn't hurt them (MCL), but their colorguard did. If that is fixed, someone in the Top 10 has to go... so most people are picking the 10th best corps from last year.

As for corps staying in one place SO long and it being "time" for them to move up. I usually see that as a weakness and that they are about to move down. I feel like when a corps stays in a placement for a long period of time, they need to try something new, or they will be caught.

As for everything else... I think you are correct. Having the Bucs out of the top 3 is just wishful thinking by some and given Empire's track record, they most likely will not be placing lower than 3rd. However, no one thought that the Cadets would drop from 1st to 5th from one season to the next (2005-2006). Stranger things have happened and it is possible that we are witnessing a change in history. That to me is more exciting than anyone winning. Last year, everyone at Finals witnessed history as MBI became the first non-northeastern corps to break into the Top 3, let alone the top 2. It is going to be a fun year! :thumbdown: