Open Class Predictions

the last prediction was like 50 post ago...

Oh how I love me some DCP.

I said that the corpvets would place somewhere between 8th and 10th because this guy wanted predictions, so I looked at his signature and gave him one. Not a thing against the corpsvets whatsoever, I hope you shake them all up. Not meant to be serious at all. I guess I better start using that tongue thingee that Fran always uses when he's trying to be clever. :tongue:

Edited by Mike_B

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I better start using that tongue thingee that Fran always uses when he's trying to be clever. :tongue:

How dare you. I haven't tried to be clever for more than 30 years now.

Fran

It is pretty funny that someone would put the Bucs in 4th or 5th. That really shows your bias towards another corps and reinforces the lack of validity or logic in this ranking thread. No problems with any of this, just sayin.

The Bucs have been untouchable since 2005 and not much has changed from year to year, so I see those predictions as highly unlikely, even in DCA.

Anyway, back to the fun, keep predicting.

Just sayin.

Ken, is that a sunburst on your nipple? :tongue:

It is pretty funny that someone would put the Bucs in 4th or 5th. That really shows your bias towards another corps and reinforces the lack of validity or logic in this ranking thread. No problems with any of this, just sayin.

The Bucs have been untouchable since 2005 and not much has changed from year to year, so I see those predictions as highly unlikely, even in DCA.

Anyway, back to the fun, keep predicting.

Just sayin.

Ya know, this poster sounds a little, what? defensive? nervous? Maybe he knows something... better move Bucs down somewhere between 6th and 8th...

(if you want a dark horse come post time - try the "Boys of '76" at 50 to 1.)

I can certainly see how you formulated your opinion as to CV's eventual finish by looking at our website and reading the name of the show.

Good, I'm glad! See, not so crazy... or serious :tongue:

Also... don't worry, I looked at the rep too... not just the title, so you can probably see how I got southern jazz out of that. Man, I didn't realize there were so many defensive CV people out there. My original post that started this backlash was in reference mainly to the Crusaders. It is just a prediction, and I'm not changing my opinion... nor am I asking for anyone to agree with it. Good luck to you guys and all of the southern groups!

Edited by BOSMarcher

The top 5 spots may be a horse race among the Buccaneers, MBI, Statesmen, Caballeros and the Hurricanes. Or maybe it's more accurate to say that the 2nd-5th place corps are in a tight race. Because I still think (even though I am a great fan and alum of MBI) that the Buccaneers are the standard right now. And kudos to them!!! The Bucs have raised the bar, and I am grateful that they did. DCA is all the better for it!

But I have to say this: ANY of these 5 corps are in that rarified stratosphere of corps (and there are a few more that are bangin' on the door) that have proved themselves to be in the topmost echelon. Bravo to all of them. Thus, it becomes difficult to predict which one will achieve which standing.

So how's that for a prediction? Just squirmy enough that I can't be called out on it :ph34r:

Yet just solid enough that if I get 3 out of 5 correct, I am a prophet!!! :sad:)

You are right. Even though nobody likes dynasties (and face it, we are in a Buccaneers dynasty), everyone has to step up their show design AND execution if they want to have a chance at winning. That either happens... or there is a staff change with the Bucs. Since there has not been a staff change... someone is going to have to step up.

Many are excited about MBI because of what they did last year. Like Carolina Crown, many will be watching to see if they can maintain their new position of authority within DCA. I am glad that the Bucs have won so many in a row (not because I like to see only one champion). I think they have forced corps to change for the better, and therefore, DCA steps up in quality. I think we can all agree that a move towards better quality is always better!

How dare you. I haven't tried to be clever for more than 30 years now.

Fran

it shows :sad:

I said that the corpvets would place somewhere between 8th and 10th because this guy wanted predictions, so I looked at his signature and gave him one. Not a thing against the corpsvets whatsoever, I hope you shake them all up. Not meant to be serious at all. I guess I better start using that tongue thingee that Fran always uses when he's trying to be clever. :sad:

I can see where you can get that. I myself wouldn't be surprised if that happened at all but I would also not be surprised if CorpsVets comes in and takes 7th or 8th.

OK......I'll take a stab at this one.....

1) Reading......Just because. They have set the standard for many other corps, and again it will be tough for anyone to break them. BUT......corps are coming closer each year.....and there may be a surprise here.....

2, 3, 4, 5) Minn Brass, Cabs, Hurcs, Empire.......these WILL be the next 4 corps, based on what I have heard and what I have seen. One of these corps CAN break Reading this year.....and it can be any one of them.

6) Renegades....yes...I put them this high!

7,8,9,10)....Brigs, Bush, CorpVets, MCL (not in any particular order....but I think MCL will surprise alot of corps this year)

These are my predictions, and I am standing by them.....again, these predictions are for fun, and they are based on what I have either heard, or seen in person.

Flame away!!!!! :sad:

Edited by FPonzo