If your favorite corps was a sports franchise

Velvet Knights = Harlem Globetrotters (Showmen!)

Star of Indiana = Houston Comets (Aside from the obvious celestial comparisons, both were champions and both left their respective leagues way too soon!)

Carolina Crown = Carolina Panthers (Aside from the geographical comparisons, both are relatively the same age, and they have consistently been building into a contender for the past few years, with minimal missteps)

Cadets = NY Yankees (obvious)

Blue Devils = L.A. Lakers

SCV = Washington Redskins (Early success, won titles, legendary leaders who passed on, have made several changes in leadership lately and haven't found competitive success)

Pioneer = L.A. Clippers (happy in last)

Thank you! I've been trying to find a corps to relate to my beloved Redskins. That one hit the nail on the head. :-D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i beg to differ the Red wings is the most storied dynasty
They're not even the most successful HOCKEY franchise ever. Montreal says hi.

DING ! DING ! DING ! DING !

We have a winner !!!

Blue Devils = Montreal Canadien

Most championship wins but have been going thru a dark period recently !! :thumbup:

I guess when you win about a third of the championships that DCI's handed out, a drought of one year can be seen as a dark period.... :thumbup:

:thumbup:

I guess when you win about a third of the championships that DCI's handed out, a drought of one year can be seen as a dark period.... :thumbup:

:thumbup:

As far as BD is concerned, ''dark period'' was in reference to their style in recent years !! :tongue:

The Habs tho are in a dark period for championship wins :tongue:

As far as BD is concerned, ''dark period'' was in reference to their style in recent years !! :tongue:

The Habs tho are in a dark period for championship wins :cool:

They're still recovering from Rejean Houle... the Habs that is. If Houle ever took over a corps that would be a dark day indeed for the activity.

Based on color-

Cadets= Redskins maroon/gold = Burgundy/gold

Madison= Jets

Bluestars= Colts

Madison 2002 = Oakland Raiders 2006-09. Talented group but not being used properly, and a legendary leader devoted to history, but dealing with lots of people questioning whether or not he still has it.

Just to set the record straight, or to add a little factoid to the topic, Tom Aungst himself has said that the Cadets are like the NY Yankees. Mind you, he said this to a percussion section full of Red Sox fans lol. He himself is kind of a Red Sox fan, but mostly a Phillies fan.

His point was that the NYY are known for class and hard work and year after year, people expect them to be the best.

Source: I was there in 2006, spring training, Buckhannon, WV.

The Cavaliers - Pittsburgh Steelers...Tons of tradition, fiercely loyal and large fan base, generally loathed by other fans, Legendary leadership (Mr. Warren = Mr. Rooney), Predictable style yet always effective (Steelers - Tough D and Running Game, Cavaliers - Great Visual)

Had to give the Green Machine a touch of Black and Gold, all these comparisons to the Red Wings were starting to make me sick :thumbup: