Mini Corps

be advised... we can only handle so many mini corps - a limit has been set at 20... first 20 postmarks compete...

is your application in?

for further information... http://www.dcacorps.org and click on news

for applications and rules... go to http://www.dcacorps.org and click on schedule, scroll down to I&E/Mini Corps Contest and link is there for rules and applications...

Mr. Richard Pronti, DCA I&E/Mini Corps Chairman will be delighted to assist you...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how more CAN'T DO attitude is good.

But it's a non-issue until such limit is met.

As I wonder if Star United or one of the other top contenders might not make the postal cut.

But it's a non-issue until such limit is met.

As I wonder if Star United or one of the other top contenders might not make the postal cut.

I don't think Star will miss the cut. They've been one of the first to get their completed entries in for each of the past three seasons.

As for the others.... and this is my opinion only....it's their loss if they don't get their paperwork in on time to make the lineup, if indeed there are more than 20 prospective mini-corps.

It seems that every year, various folks talk, and talk, about entering a mini-corps.... but don't do their homework and don't secure their music rights, don't get their entries filled out properly and on time, etc.

Again, just my opinion. But as the husband of the person who did the I&E scheduling for a few years before she took ill, I can tell you for sure that the scheduling is NOT AT ALL easy by any stretch of the imagination, especially with the growth of the I&E show in recent years.

Sooooo.... IF YOU WANT TO ENTER THE MINI-CORPS SHOW, AND AVOID THE POSSIBILITY OF GETTING SHUT OUT, PLEASE GET YOUR ENTRIES IN AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN.

Like Tom said..... if you have any questions, go to the I&E link he described on the DCA website.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

I don't think it's a "can't do" attitude at all. It is simply a matter of scheduling logistics. Among other things, there is not an infinite amount of time/performance slots available to run the I&E show. The show cannot run until three in the morning, after all.... and on a Friday night, given the travel and rehearsal logistics of the various I&E performers, it's VERY tough, if not impossible, to start the show any earlier than its current start time.

Fran

I don't think it's a "can't do" attitude at all. It is simply a matter of scheduling logistics. Among other things, there is not an infinite amount of time/performance slots available to run the I&E show. The show cannot run until three in the morning, after all.... and on a Friday night, given the travel and rehearsal logistics of the various I&E performers, it's VERY tough, if not impossible, to start the show any earlier than its current start time.

Fran

It just seems that there could be OTHER ways to handle it and still INCLUDE everyone. Shorter shows perhaps? Not that it's really worth it to travel so far to only get 4 minutes in a spot light. But if my 4 minutes means 3 others have no light..... It's hard to see the GOOD in that.

really, unless you start I&E at 2 in the afternoon, there's no way....a lot overlaps as is and can be a pain for spectators to get around to it all.

20 is plenty

highest entrant number ever equals 19

Maximum set HIGHER than that number at 20 - I believe that was VERY reasonable for them to do that...

logistically - it's a bananas figure which will be difficult enough... it's not september - it's June... less than 90 days to the show... if you don't know by now that you're coming - you never will... not to mention the problem with booking larger numbers of hotel rooms at the last minute...

bottom line? if you're in a mini corps that's going to dca, ask management if your paperwork is in... if not - kick their butt...

from a purely selfish standpoint - I LOVE mini corps but really don't want to see it consume the actual I&E contest... telling someone who wants to do their solo category that "by the way, your mini corps is competing at the same time" is not something we want to have to say to anyone...

20 is plenty

I'm not saying that it's not plenty. But with so much interest and so few slots. Invariably someone is going to be left out in the dark. Such is the nature of "limits". Leave too many in the dark too long and invariably, they find another bar. Which begs another question, if it's grown this much, is there any reason it's still on Friday? The Holiday as I understand it is Sat + Sun + Mon for most folks. Back when I was in the Army, it was always easier to get a Mon + Tues time off, than a Friday. Probably not applicable for this year. But Friday isn't a very good day for us out of towners to start with. Some of us are lucky if our flight makes it in, in time for last call (which is technically Saturday morning).

Go to http://www.dcacorps.org and click on the championship graphic on the front door.

You'll see links to buy tickets, get a hotel, and get the I&E registration forms.

The I&E forms can be downloaded directly from http://www.dcacorps.org/ieinfo.zip .

be advised... we can only handle so many mini corps - a limit has been set at 20... first 20 postmarks compete...

is your application in?

for further information... http://www.dcacorps.org and click on news

for applications and rules... go to http://www.dcacorps.org and click on schedule, scroll down to I&E/Mini Corps Contest and link is there for rules and applications...

Mr. Richard Pronti, DCA I&E/Mini Corps Chairman will be delighted to assist you...

Edited by Glen