Saw Synthesizers for the First Time in DCI Tonight

Yeah, I was all for them being allowed to have a guy up high with a radio to the guy down low telling the sound tech what to adjust.

(and I was just talking about the great games over the weekend between Phils and the Sox)

i was all for no one outside the performers having anything to do with it period

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indoor acoustics to open field. also brass and drums are louder then just indoor percussion. Maybe they want certain put parts to be heard more then some or in the ballad they want to be quieter but still heard.

then a member should have a list of places in which to tweak it like we have in WGI

A number of people have stated that it's implicit that corps have to use the "toys" if they want to be competitive, though. I don't recall if you've said that, but lots of anti amp/anti synth people have stated it.

look at the other thread that shows you how many corps have started using the last few rules changes...Bb, amps etc.

actually, even better it shows you how many arent using them. oh wait, thats none

Circular because in order to be competetive, corps have to use the toys, yet arguing that having it on score sheets would mean...that's right, they would have to use the toys.

Whatever it takes to make it "correct" in your mind, though.

Thanks for the dismissive pat on the head.

Please see my "double edged sword" comments above.

then a member should have a list of places in which to tweak it like we have in WGI

its easier for them can we just say that

its easier for them can we just say that

easier and yet issues still exist.

sometimes what looks to be easier can create more headaches

look at the other thread that shows you how many corps have started using the last few rules changes...Bb, amps etc.

actually, even better it shows you how many arent using them. oh wait, thats none

There are corps still kicking butt in Open Class without amps and some took over 5 years to switch to Bb (and they still won).

and open class has always allowed for slower implementation of new toys.