Progressive rule changes you would LIKE to see?

1995 Glassmen had some balls..... :tongue:

I think that Cecario referred to them as either "spheres" or "3 dimensional spheres". That was a good show. :thumbup:

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Cecario referred to them as either "spheres" or "3 dimensional spheres". That was a good show. :thumbup:

I ment 94 Glassmen "Days of Future passed"

Whatever helps you sleep at night :thumbup:

:tongue:

Come on is it that nerdy?

How about the "every corps has to have a feeder corps" rule?

I think that idea has potential. Maybe not necessarily a feeder corps, but a feeder "something." I remember reading the Blue Stars operate a youth summer band, and I think that is a really good idea. I know that the Colts also have several community focused youth music programs.

The thing with operating another corps is the obvious cost of travel/food/etc. If it were just an additional music program you would only need rehearsal/performance space, instruments, and an instructor(s). None of the costs associated with the travel that corps do. And many of these students in one of these feeder music programs could still feed into the drum corps.

one thing that I would like to see is special lighting effects are permitted, like in a theater. This would allow more detail, mood, ect. to the overall show concept. I dont think anyone has ever have seen this in any other marching activity. But financially could be a very bad move...

<sarcasm>Yeah! That would be the best thing ever. Corps should each have three more semi trucks, 30 more roadies, and take several hours between corps for setup and check out. This would not only make it better for the fans, it would make it easier to field more corps!</sarcasm>

Yes, running a drum corps is quite easy. That is why we have so many.

Ah... Sarcasm. I came from a situation that had a feeder corps. It was practically a seperate organization. They do not necessarily have to be a 'drain' on a drum corps. I also think you are only imagining a touring corps and I was referring to the more community based feeder corps that used to be common.

Who said a feeder corps has to travel extensively?

Yes. Feeder corps can do a lot of good not even doing field shows or just doing occasional trips. These days a lot of kids may prefer that model.

Excellent use of completely made up statistics to support an argument

Haha..Ok, I made it all up. I love to just throw made up info around all the time to make my point on DCP so people like you can reply in the fashion I'm used to seeing on here. Oh, and I said guess 8-10 because I only know of seven for sure who don't. I wasn't sure about Surf or Pacific Crest having the limit but experience tells me they don't. But then again, that's why I used the word "guess".