Holy Name!... HOLY C#@P!

We will see. Every year in every sport their are predictions of domination by one team or another. Rarely is it as simple as watching one group and then declaring them the winner because of how "incredible" they look. I don't think we should give the season away to the Cadets before it even starts. None of the "big boys" are going to lay down for the Cadets. I think they will all raise their game and there will be suprises. I suggest we all wait until tommorrow night....there could be a suprise out of Chambersburg.....or even Rockford or..........

All true...

Just saying that I haven't seen a Cadets group looking this good in the early season in quite sometime. And they still have two or three min of drill to learn yet. They are clicking very well, and the show isn't going to need many whole-sale changes. That is good news. The horns and drums are playing much better than the groups from the past three years, which is saying A LOT!

And I think it's going to take more than a weekend to see where everything si going to shake out this year. My guess is that we won't have a really good feel until we get out of Texas in late July. I expect to see the Cadets, BD and Regiment all looking for a championship, with Crown and Cavi's trying to break the top three. But that's just an uneducated guess.

Edited by Newseditor44

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has their drumline really been playing that much better? I think that is the big question for the Cadets considering Aungst isn't there anymore and they aged out a lot of drumline people last year. Could make or break the season for them in my view (people may think Phantom 08 is the best show ever but the reality is that BD would've won if their drumline was even a little bit better).

coulda, shoulda, wasn't.

I know, my point is that every single section of the corps is important and something similar could happen to the Cadets even if everyone thinks their show should win, so I'm wondering how their drumline is performing early season because I think the most questions surround their drumline at this point. Clearly their show is going to be awesome...

I know the pit is doing really well for the percussion section. I don't remember how many aged-out in the drumline (you probably know better than me), but the pit has 9 vets returning, and at the auditions last november, they had around 30 trying to get 3 spots. As far as I know, pretty unusual for a pit to have that many come to try out.

Let's not forget that the pit also has to do with how the percussion section is scored.

Wow, I'm biased. Pit love though.

Heyyyyy.... I think this was the plan all along! GH moves the Cadets into all kinds of unusual creative territory for a few years knowing full well people will have certain, um, reactions, and then hit us all right between the eyes for the 75th anniversary show. GENIUS! And it just might work... :tongue:

Ah hah! The old New Coke/Classic Coke maneuver! GH is a diabolical genius! :blink:

I know the pit is doing really well for the percussion section. I don't remember how many aged-out in the drumline (you probably know better than me), but the pit has 9 vets returning, and at the auditions last november, they had around 30 trying to get 3 spots. As far as I know, pretty unusual for a pit to have that many come to try out.

Let's not forget that the pit also has to do with how the percussion section is scored.

Wow, I'm biased. Pit love though.

Actually I'm a pit guy too and I didn't ask about the pit because I figured even with Larrivee leaving they would be fine since they were going to have so many vets in the pit. Thanks for the info (very excited to hear how these guys and gals are doing!) If you're weak (by weak, I mean not as strong) in either section, it will show up on the sheets (IMO Cavies beat Bluecoats in percussion last year because of the difference in pits).

Edited by drumcorpsfan4567