Rockford, IL Predictions

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...just like most corps 'home shows', no matter who wins they defer to the home corp.

i wanted to make a joke about blue stars clarinet, to predict people complaining about it. it will just have to wait for another day.

I predict that a great time will be had by one and all !

Bill

"POW"

Hmm, anyone know if good tickets are still available? I could probably get there around 8:00....

Hmm, anyone know if good tickets are still available? I could probably get there around 8:00....

The regiment.org page sayes 'yes', but most of those seats are probably VIP seats - a bit more money but at the 50 yard line top of the stadium.

Otherwise as long as you get a seat towards the top of the stadium, its a pretty good view even at the 30 yard line.

I don't mind paying a little extra on something I enjoy. Any fellow DCPers going to be there & feel like saying hi? (this is a spur-of-the-moment-decision-to-go, if you couldn't tell)

The regiment.org page sayes 'yes', but most of those seats are probably VIP seats - a bit more money but at the 50 yard line top of the stadium.

Otherwise as long as you get a seat towards the top of the stadium, its a pretty good view even at the 30 yard line.

...another thing.

You probably can get single seats that are peppered throughout the stadium, but there might not be actual room for you.

No idea who measures each seat 'space', but most people I know are NOT 15 inches wide when they sit down.

If the show is ON, seating will be 'cozy'!!!!

I don't mind paying a little extra on something I enjoy. Any fellow DCPers going to be there & feel like saying hi? (this is a spur-of-the-moment-decision-to-go, if you couldn't tell)

I'll be just off the 50, top row.

Bill

"POW"

1. Phantom Regiment - 72.5

2. Cavaliers - 70.75

3. Bluecoats - 69.25

4. Blue Stars - 67.95

5. Madison Scouts - 67.25

6. Spirit - 63.25

7. Pioneer - 52.1

Gotcha covered there!

Review the last few years early season results and one thing stands out on opening weekend...a strange correlation to last years Finals results!! Judges seem strangely unwilling to really hang it out there and judge opening weekend based on this year. Results the last couple of years on opening weekend have been almost identical to the previous year's Finals, semis and 1/4's.

So while I may differ with the scores a bit (Cavies seem low; Blooo seems high, as does BS; Pioneer a lot high!), this list matches my prediction to the spot! Cavies will undoubtedly be better, as they start stronger, but judges still rank PR 1st at home, with trophy in hand and without knowing how good anyone is yet. But I'll betcha Cavies win their second show, too!

My 2nd Dublin Dr Pepper bet of the year...that Phantom wins SOS...Cavies win the second show where both attend. Any takers??

From the Phantom videos that where up on "that other site" for a day, you could see that a sizeable amount of the guard work wasn't fininshed. Anyone have updates on how complete their show will be by tomorrow night? What about Cavies, Bluecoats, Madison, Blue Stars, Spirit and Pioneer? Whose shows are complete and who has a ways to go?

I saw 11 1/2 minutes of complete show from Blue Stars last night.