On Demand Videos and Access Instructions

I'm new to Fan Network. How do I even know when these are up and where to find them. I find the user interface not so friendly on the Fan Network. Thanks for the help.

i feel the same way

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My assumption is that they take some time to process and compress the videos properly, as, IIRC, the on-demand videos are of much higher quality than the live shots. And heck, the live shots were pretty good this year, so I'm anxious to see how the on-demand videos turn out.

last year they had videos up for on demand viewing very shortly after the live performances. at the regionals you could go back and watch a corps a few corps later.

I'm new to Fan Network. How do I even know when these are up and where to find them. I find the user interface not so friendly on the Fan Network. Thanks for the help.

I would check in two places:

1) At the bottom, click the tab for "On the Field". Look to see if there is a "2009" in the list yet (there isn't...yet).

2) Click the link for the 2009 media schedule (on the right). Look at the list of VOD events and look for a link next to them.

Ya, last year was really fast. I got to see the Walnut show last year, and immediately watch the other corps in the world that same night in my hotel. They are definitely doing this again, right?

Patience, patience! Good heavens. I've been a long time Fan Network (and predecessor) subscriber. This delay may not have been the norm last season, but going back a few more summers to the beginning, yes, it's typical. Chill out. You've bought a $59 niche package with hundreds of subscribers. It's not like there's a 24/7 staff of 20 people working on this. They'll be up when they're up, probably in the next few days. (And occasionally, a technical or weather glitch makes something promised never show up. Go figure.)

Patience, patience! Good heavens. I've been a long time Fan Network (and predecessor) subscriber. This delay may not have been the norm last season, but going back a few more summers to the beginning, yes, it's typical. Chill out. You've bought a $59 niche package with hundreds of subscribers. It's not like there's a 24/7 staff of 20 people working on this. They'll be up when they're up, probably in the next few days. (And occasionally, a technical or weather glitch makes something promised never show up. Go figure.)

Sure, things happen. But an explanation on the website would be nice, just so we know what's going on. Any type of update, really.

Sure, things happen. But an explanation on the website would be nice, just so we know what's going on. Any type of update, really.

You're right, I wish it were different, but this too is absolutely normal for FN. For stretches of the week, from the subscriber perspective, nobody's at the other end. Be patient, and they will get to it if they can.

hundreds?

Then they should consider using something better than the 'silly straw' bandwidth squisher for their next little webbiecast so the digital noise and cut-outs can get to all hundred of us.

(Please excuse all of my 'technical' terms)

----oops ot. We were bashing them for being late with vod. So sorry... :tongue: