Anyone catch the BK/Trooper Preview yesterday

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More importantly, it looks like there are 13 guard just in that picture! When did they pick up their 13th guard member last year? Any word on the total number this year? I'm really interested to see what they can do with all sections of the corps at full strength this year.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again: their new uni's are too... solid. At least a stripe down the leg or something to give a bit of definition, although if they went back to the gray pants it would be even better.

I think a tone on tone satin stripe down the leg would add some "pop" to their uniforms in an understated way. Of course, I still think that if they went back to a dark charcoal pants (again with a satin tone on tone strip) that would break up the jump suit look and give the uniforms some depth.

An example of the unis:

med_gallery_306_123_336773.jpg

I like them better than last year's version.

where is the hand made Baldric made of real leather and real metal?

I remember from last year at the April camp, they went as far as to bring out the gray pants, because they were considering pulling a "bi-pantsed" uniform (I really just didn't know the correct term for that). One night we'd wear the all blue, then we'd pull the classic gray out the next. I really liked the idea, but we never pulled it off.

More importantly, it looks like there are 13 guard just in that picture! When did they pick up their 13th guard member last year? Any word on the total number this year? I'm really interested to see what they can do with all sections of the corps at full strength this year.

32 guard is the number from the TroopBlog on the corps' website. I think they could expand to 36; but I think 32 was the number.

Something like this with the gray pants. However, I really think they need the satin stripe (tone on tone) down the side. Maybe the gray needs to be a bit darker. Hmmm.

(thanks to my grandson for doing this for me).

graypants.jpg

Granny, I've seen a lot of grandbaby's work, and he's darn good. You should be proud.

And that grey look isn't bad. It needs to be thought about.

That exact uniform, with the leather strap (to better tie in the hats and gauntlets) and the darker gray pants, would be my all-time favorite Troopers uniform.