2009 Rankings

What about a DCA show in Indy on the Saturday afternoon before DCI Finals? It could be run with the DCI Open Class Finals. Have as many of the DCA Top 5 or 6 as possible.

Some of the DCA corps could also do exhibitions on Friday and Saturday. The DCA corps members would go to the DCI events increasing ticket sales for DCI.

This would allow all four regions of DCA to split the distance and get a chance to go head to head if they wanted. It also would help to bridge the divide between the two circuits.

Probably just a pipe dream, but i think it would a very cool way for the DCA corps outside the NE to get a read with the other top DCA corps. I bet many of their members go to DCI anyway.

with having open class on saturday, you wont get another show booked in there. too much needed work to be done by stadium folks in between shows

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a DCA show in Indy on the Saturday afternoon before DCI Finals? It could be run with the DCI Open Class Finals. Have as many of the DCA Top 5 or 6 as possible.

Some of the DCA corps could also do exhibitions on Friday and Saturday. The DCA corps members would go to the DCI events increasing ticket sales for DCI.

This would allow all four regions of DCA to split the distance and get a chance to go head to head if they wanted. It also would help to bridge the divide between the two circuits.

Probably just a pipe dream, but i think it would a very cool way for the DCA corps outside the NE to get a read with the other top DCA corps. I bet many of their members go to DCI anyway.

Sounds like a good plan but would DCI be all for it?

money man. it's all about money until the voting block changes. and even then, it will still take some money.

think about it...if i run a business, am I going to worry about the collective good if it makes me lose money? no.

and if i run a corps, and can get 10 gigs next summer without having to go farther than maybe 5 hours and maybe approach breaking even, why should i add an 11th that is going to make me lose money?

i understand the need to feed the collective good, and i think it has merit.

but...without that sponsor lining up cash, do you think the Renegades would have come to NC in 2005?

remember, this is a business as well as a hobby. sometimes the business side has to take precedence over the hobby

:thumbup::devil::devil:

When the voting block becomes 6-4 with 6 being corps outside the NE,,that is when we will see some fresh ideas come to the table and be voted in.

Oooo, what fresh ideas?

Hopefully, even if that did happen there wouldn't be any stupid things voted in, like say all corps must have X number of mandatory trips to other regions. That will force corps to go under faster than they already do. That's what you dudes seem to want. It won't work. The same reason a corps like Bucs doesn't go to Nashville to do a show is the same reason MCL doesn't go to Texas or Cali to do a show. [competition, $, travel time, etc.]

Back to fresh ideas....

Why would it be assumed the directors of those 6 non-NE corps be filled with fresh ideas and the 4 NE director not?

Let's list some of their non-fresh ideas that have passed:

1. DCA class A, voted in by the directors when there were ~ 9-1 NE vs. non-NE corps.

2. Share points for all corps not just top 10, voted in by the directors when there were ~ 9-1 NE vs. non-NE corps.

3. Regions (South, Central, West?) and region shows earning share points, all voted in by directors when there were ~ 7-3 NE vs. non-NE corps.

(I put ~ in there because I don't know exactly when the things were voted in and who exactly were the voting corps, but it's close)

That's just 3 "fresh" ideas off the top of my head from these directors who took on the job of running corps and being second-guessed to death by us.

So what fresh ideas do we need to pass on?

Oooo, what fresh ideas?

Hopefully, even if that did happen there wouldn't be any stupid things voted in, like say all corps must have X number of mandatory trips to other regions. That will force corps to go under faster than they already do. That's what you dudes seem to want. It won't work. The same reason a corps like Bucs doesn't go to Nashville to do a show is the same reason MCL doesn't go to Texas or Cali to do a show. [competition, $, travel time, etc.]

Back to fresh ideas....

Why would it be assumed the directors of those 6 non-NE corps be filled with fresh ideas and the 4 NE director not?

Let's list some of their non-fresh ideas that have passed:

1. DCA class A, voted in by the directors when there were ~ 9-1 NE vs. non-NE corps.

2. Share points for all corps not just top 10, voted in by the directors when there were ~ 9-1 NE vs. non-NE corps.

3. Regions (South, Central, West?) and region shows earning share points, all voted in by directors when there were ~ 7-3 NE vs. non-NE corps.

(I put ~ in there because I don't know exactly when the things were voted in and who exactly were the voting corps, but it's close)

That's just 3 "fresh" ideas off the top of my head from these directors who took on the job of running corps and being second-guessed to death by us.

So what fresh ideas do we need to pass on?

I like the way you think :thumbup:

I't not easy to keep ANY corps on the field ANYWHERE in the country. Sometimes I think people forget Job One has to be SURVIVAL.

Edited by grenadasmoothie

it happened in Buffalo, Tailgate, DCA Show, Tailgate, DCI Finals, Tailgate.............an incredible 14 hours or so,..............:thumbup:

If I remember correctly they did it in Madison as well late 90's or 02. It was a blast.

it happened in Buffalo, Tailgate, DCA Show, Tailgate, DCI Finals, Tailgate.............an incredible 14 hours or so,.............. :thumbup:

yeah but open class...then D2/3 finals was Wednesday