2009 Rankings

Ed~

If a corps director has no idea what 'fresh ideas" you are speaking of why tell him it is a waste of breath to inform him? He seems to have no idea what you are talking about and he's been there at the voting table. Have you?

Frankly I have no idea what "fresh ideas" you are talking about that were dismissed. Maybe besides talking to Jay about it instead of just dismissing him and everyone else who questions you, you could post them and we could all have an equal discussion on it, instead of you being the only "informed" person in the room.

Liz I have no interest in bringing back discussions from the past 7 years.Use the search engine here.You will find plenty of discussion.

I just tested it.It works! :sad:

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a cop out Ed. You are the one who brought it up in the first place and now you're ducking and running from it. If you're willing to bring it up, you need to be willing to follow it up. Because I don't even know if you're discussing things that were legitimately tabled for discussion at the Rules Congresses which have occurred, or just what has been tossed around on DCp by us members. (There is a distinct difference between the two.)

That's a cop out Ed. You are the one who brought it up in the first place and now you're ducking and running from it. If you're willing to bring it up, you need to be willing to follow it up. Because I don't even know if you're discussing things that were legitimately tabled for discussion at the Rules Congresses which have occurred, or just what has been tossed around on DCp by us members. (There is a distinct difference between the two.)

You are absoultly right LIZ.There I said it.You are right,You are Right,You are right.You are ALL right!Everyone is right.

Hope that helps with some of the egos around here.

Now excuse me while I go bury my head in the sand/. :sad:

Edited by camel lips

You are absoultly right LIZ.There I said it.You are right,You are Right,You are right.You are ALL right!Everyone is right.

Now excuse me while I go bury my head in the sand/. :doh:

Well, that was useful. I can see how so much positive change will come out of that exchange. Good job. :sad:

Here's one way to make a trip west worth it for the NE corps. Paying gigs before or after the show. July 4th saw MCL come east for Shenandoah's show last season because the parades helped to cover the cost to get the corps out there. Sure, we got a number, but we also got greenbacks. It made good competitive and financial sense.

Try to schedule your home show around a major event that would pay for a corps' appearance before or shortly after the show. There's an idea to run with...

Dude,,,its clear what side you are on.

If you cannot see where a larger fan base is a positive step for DCA..Best of luck to you brother.

actually Ed, you have NO idea what side I am on. Want to know why? you didnt ask.

you just dont hear what you want to hear and you assume. look carefully at the first three letters of the word assume.

I want DCA to be bigger WHEN IT MAKES SENSE.

show me what region outside of the NE can get even 5000 fans to a show which would make it profitable enough to have corps travel to it.

please dont try and tell me in areas where you have junior corps, because most of those fans know nothing about senior corps, or at least that they always go on first at DCI shows and many fans skip them to go hang out in the lot.

I have a friend who lives in Atlanta. grew up seeing DCI corps in Erie. i introduced him to DCA. he goes to Atlanta every year and all he talks about is how people dont go in to see CV.

I have friends i marched with that lived in the Twin Cities for 4 years. Every show they went to, they mentioned how fans skipped watching MBI.

so tell me, how it makes business sense to run a show in those markets right now?

tell me, with only 3 corps in Cali how it makes sense to promise drawing enough fans to convince 3 east corps to fly out. the DCA shows in Buffalo and Madison before DCI were heavily advertised and drew small crowds.

it WILL happen. but it isnt going to happen as fast as you want. That's the problem. so, if you want to be hells bells and make people travel, you'll lose corps.

and remember this...if you pass rules requiring people to travel, it can backfire...because while the east may have to travel yes, the areas outside of the east may have to travel more than they do now.

catch 22 eh?

but keep assuming you know where I stand. I heard all the promises about the NC show. I drove the 7 hours to get there and see it. And I saw a town that had little knowledge it was happening and far more fans across the street for the monster truck show

Liz I have no interest in bringing back discussions from the past 7 years.Use the search engine here.You will find plenty of discussion.

I just tested it.It works! :sad:

so in other words, the corps directors themselves didnt seem topics like these worth discussing and it was not brought up for a voe.

Now excuse me while I go bury my head in the sand/. :sad:

bravo. so by being called and out and not having an answer, you play victim.

we've seen enough of that on here from others. I thought you'd be above that

Here's one way to make a trip west worth it for the NE corps. Paying gigs before or after the show. July 4th saw MCL come east for Shenandoah's show last season because the parades helped to cover the cost to get the corps out there. Sure, we got a number, but we also got greenbacks. It made good competitive and financial sense.

Try to schedule your home show around a major event that would pay for a corps' appearance before or shortly after the show. There's an idea to run with...

that makes sense, and those MD 4th of July parades pay HUGE

Place - Score Corps (Last Show, Date) +- Score Change (Previous show, date)

Open Class:

1 - 84.363 Buccaneers (Lewisburg, PA 7/18)) +2.750 (Wayne, NJ 7/11)

2 - 83.463 Renegades (Dublin, CA 7/19) +0.775 (San Jose, CA 7/18))

3 - 82.663 Hurricanes (Lawrence, MA 7/18) +2.888 Wayne, NJ 7/11)

4 - 82.313 Caballeros (Lawrence, MA 7/18) +5.738 (Wayne, NJ 7/11)

5 - 80.188 Empire Statesmen (Lawrence, MA 7/18) +1.900 (Rochester, NY 7/4)

6 - 77.375 Minnesota Brass (Mankato, MN 6/22) +4.250 (Stillwater, MN 6/20)

7 - 76.213 CorpsVets (Lewisburg, PA 7/18) +4.100 (Valdosta, GA 7/10)

8 - 75.788 Brigadiers (Lewisburg, PA 7/18) +1.663 (Auburn, NY 7/11)

9 - 72.413 Bushwackers (Lewisburg, PA 7/18) +0.063 (Wayne, NJ 7/11)

10- 70.375 Kilties (Madison, WI 6/28)

11- 67.775 Alliance (Columbia, SC 7/9)

12- 66.363 Crusaders (Lawrence, MA 7/18) +1.863 (Auburn, NY 7/11)

13- Music City Legend (first judged competition 8/1)

Class A:

*1- 71.138 SoCal Dream (Dublin, CA 7/19) +1.788 (San Jose, CA 7/18)*

2 - 67.013 Grenadiers (Lawrence, MA 7/18) +3.638 (Rochester, NY 7/4)

3 - 66.750 Fusion Core (Auburn, NY 7/11)

4 - 65.500 Govenaires (Mankato, MN 6/22) +1.750 (Stillwater, MN 6/20)

*5- 63.175 Kingsmen Sr (Dublin, CA 7/19) -0.575 (San Jose, CA 7/18)*

6 - 60.250 White Sabers (Auburn, NY 7/11) +2.225 (Rochester, NY 7/4)

7 - 58.650(1.0) Carolina Gold (Wildwood, NJ 06/20)

8 - 55.713 Sun Devils (Valdosta, GA 7/10)

9 - 52.900 Excelsior (Auburn, NY 7/11)

10- 49.375 Shenandoah Sound (Auburn, NY 7/11)

11 - Vigilantes

11 - Lakeshoremen

11 - Sunrisers

* - Not coming to championships

Can we get back to this please? thanks! :sad: