2009 Rankings

Sooo... MCL debuted a score last night. 66.900 if anyone was wanting to add that to our rankings.

I think you may have Music City Legend confused with Music City Drum and Bugle corps.Music City Drum and Bugle corps is a open class/div2 jr corps

MCL is not accepting scores till August 1st at the Nashville Home Show.

At least that is the word from around the campfire.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo... MCL debuted a score last night. 66.900 if anyone was wanting to add that to our rankings.

AND this is just ONE REASON why the Brilllllient, Genius form DCI LEVEL Musuc City should be SCORNED at BOTH DCI and DCA.

Would it not be wonderful if the DCI group "Legend", and DCI group Music City, were in the same same show as the DCA group "MUSCIC CITY LEGEND" .

(Mudic City Legend has been going for YEARS and YEARS, in the Nashville Area, BEFOR the DCI Group started)

Edited by OldStyleCorps

FROM DCI.ORG...

All age corps

1 Music City Legend 66.075

NOT MUSIC CITY... They got a 68.9

Don't get too excited about that score. We were not supposed to get a score tonight and did a few things that would have severely hindered us if we thought we were getting scored. I'm sure the muckity-mucks will get this straightened out. We are not accepting an OFFICIAL score until Aug.1.

Don't get too excited about that score. We were not supposed to get a score tonight and did a few things that would have severely hindered us if we thought we were getting scored. I'm sure the muckity-mucks will get this straightened out. We are not accepting an OFFICIAL score until Aug.1.

That excuse happens with every corps, every show. Bus broke down, kids still in school, prom, SATs, soloist had to work, bass 5 broke a finger, closer not on the field, dog ate my homework, slept late... All have to deal with that stuff.

But the "not accepting an Official score" quote is just plain silly. Live with it, you got a score and it's officially being looked at and used, good or bad, by everyone here to rank you in this which is the only method available to rank you.

Besides, corps should get evaluated and scored every time they perform if DCI is agreeable. Telling them you're just in exhibition when you are truly a competitive corps for that season is a cop out. If you're a start up just getting going it's truly an exhibition, I understand, but if you're a competitive DCA corps, no.

Of course, if the sheets weren't done properly like happens often, then sure, fix that and publish the right score.

That excuse happens with every corps, every show. Bus broke down, kids still in school, prom, SATs, soloist had to work, bass 5 broke a finger, closer not on the field, dog ate my homework, slept late... All have to deal with that stuff.

But the "not accepting an Official score" quote is just plain silly. Live with it, you got a score and it's officially being looked at and used, good or bad, by everyone here to rank you in this which is the only method available to rank you.

Besides, corps should get evaluated and scored every time they perform if DCI is agreeable. Telling them you're just in exhibition when you are truly a competitive corps for that season is a cop out. If you're a start up just getting going it's truly an exhibition, I understand, but if you're a competitive DCA corps, no.

Of course, if the sheets weren't done properly like happens often, then sure, fix that and publish the right score.

Enough with the rankings ! Draw Semi-Final appearance times from a hat and don't announce the scores until all the corps have performed. Let the performers spend some time in the stadium interacting with each other and watching the show.

Enough with the rankings ! Draw Semi-Final appearance times from a hat and don't announce the scores until all the corps have performed. Let the performers spend some time in the stadium interacting with each other and watching the show.
Or better yet...turn DCA's into a clap show, or have one of those hokey band festival rating systems..Superior, Excellent and Good. This way everybody gets a prize, and we all go home happy. AND nobody has to make excuses for scoring a 68....

tom i don't know if you remember but that's just how we did it back in the day. and as far as i'm concerned it worked well. this seeding stuff is crap. it predetermins how the corps place. my god you go from worst to 1st without even stepping on the field.

TA,

Suggest that again (as I have previously) and wait to hear the crickets.

I like the idea of a draw for prelims...even in blocks....top 5, blind draw...next 5...blind draw....last 3, blind draw.

I;d have a better chance overturning the BCS.

jc