2009 Rankings

Wooo way to go Empire!

Wish I lived close enough to go to a show=[

Edited by ScoutsCAV

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really matter with 2 weeks left both these corps will be fighting for 7 th and 8th. My final rankings are

Bucs(drums,horns,vis)

Hurcs (guard)

Minn. Brass(drum major)

Statesmen(5th horns)

Cabs(4th horns)

Renegades(6th across the board except drums 8th)

Bush(6th drums)

brigs(horns 10)(drums tie for 7th)

Alliance(7th drums)

Corps vets(8th guard)

my predictions for corps placement has been 98% for the past 7 years good luck to all and prove me wrong.Captions were an added bonus this year.

Maybe averaged over 7 years, but what about your prediction of "the death of a giant"? If so, your prediction would be off by at least 10 percent this year alone!

Edited by kosovobill

i'm not gonna drink your koolaid. after DCA check the final standings against what was posted today and you will see very minor changes. what your talking about happened in different years NOT all in the same year. and last year MBI was scoring where they place in the few shows they had. check it out. i hate koolaid. live your dream if you like. i did it to for a few years. oh and just because i don't agree with you i don't have sour grapes. i haven't competed in almost 30 years. so i don't own a whinery. last week after not been to a show in 28 years and before the show wrote down my predictions after copying the standings i predicted the entire show correctly. before the show. real sour grapes there.

1. I dont compete anymore, so you already have that part wrong... but there's more.

2. There will be major changes in prelims and finals, as Renegades will likely make top 6; the competition between Empire, Hurcs, Cabs, and MBI is far from over; one of them may very well overtake Bucs; 9th and 10th place are far from "slotted" spots as Kilts, CorpsVets, MCL, and Alliance within a point and a half of each other..and I dont think they agree with you, either.

3. MBI went from 4th in prelims to 2nd last year; how is this slotting?

4. As your prediction at the show, you've been on here for years, anyone could have done what you did by just by looking at the stats--and you could have never been to a show. Ever. Some authority you are.

5. Slotting does not exist, and is held only in the hearts of those that always see conspiracy...Im sorry we don't have the unqualified and corrupt judges that existed in the 1950s and 60s anymore (VFW, Legion, etc); I really don't think the member corps at DCA would tolerate it, so what you are talking about here is wishful thinking. Remember, DCA is RUN by the member corps! So whos the one dreaming?

1. I dont compete anymore, so you already have that part wrong... but there's more.

2. There will be major changes in prelims and finals, as Renegades will likely make top 6; the competition between Empire, Hurcs, Cabs, and MBI is far from over; one of them may very well overtake Bucs; 9th and 10th place are far from "slotted" spots as Kilts, CorpsVets, MCL, and Alliance within a point and a half of each other..and I dont think they agree with you, either.

4. As your prediction at the show, you've been on here for years, anyone could have done what you did by just by looking at the stats--and you could have never been to a show. Ever. Some authority you are.

5. Slotting does not exist, and is held only in the hearts of those that always see conspiracy...Im sorry we don't have the unqualified and corrupt judges that existed in the 1950s and 60s anymore (VFW, Legion, etc); I really don't think the member corps at DCA would tolerate it, so what you are talking about here is wishful thinking. Remember, DCA is RUN by the member corps! So whos the one dreaming?

so if i could look at the stats and i could get it right then what does that say. look i've done this for years and i have to tell you that i've been very good at predictions. i really don't know why you are attacking my character when your is surely lacking. and if you don't think there is bias in DCA then why are there people judging this year that taught and marched with a corps last year? and just how do you think that they will judge a show. and like i said before i don't wish for anything cause i have no stake. and i don't think your much of an authority either. but this is all just BS. it really dosen't matter what you and i think..........it is what it is. i don't believe the black helicopters are coming in the middle of the night to take us away that's what conspiracy theorist's think. i don't believe in conspiracy. it's all about who knows who and in some cases who is good. i'll ask you to please try and be civil even if you don't agree with me. if you can't well that's your problem.

Whatever ..why don't you guys just agree to disagree and say Good night and good luck? who the hell cares about our (me included ) arm chair quarterback opinions anyway?/ only us that post here and argue and complain and what the ....It looks to be one of the most exciting DCA's yet....conspiracy theories aside...only the shadow knows eh Fran?? Hell DCA has come quite a way..Mr.B and Jimmy Costello would be impressed I am sure that we now have DCA South, Midwest, California dreamin etc etc..wow all this bad crapp and DCA has still continued to grow...ah growing pains....doesn't matter it is a good thing!! :blink:

Whatever ..why don't you guys just agree to disagree and say Good night and good luck? who the hell cares about our (me included ) arm chair quarterback opinions anyway?/ only us that post here and argue and complain and what the ....It looks to be one of the most exciting DCA's yet....conspiracy theories aside...only the shadow knows eh Fran?? Hell DCA has come quite a way..Mr.B and Jimmy Costello would be impressed I am sure that we now have DCA South, Midwest, California dreamin etc etc..wow all this bad crapp and DCA has still continued to grow...ah growing pains....doesn't matter it is a good thing!! :blink:

amen. he just riled me up.

amen. he just riled me up.

Im sorry, but it was YOU that claimed that the corps are slotted, insinuating DCA is corrupt, and yes it does matter, just ask any one who does march; maybe you don't consider that, since as you claim, you haven't marched a show in 30 years. Just because you are old does not give you a free pass to spout anything you want...

Edited by kosovobill

It looks to be one of the most exciting DCA's yet....conspiracy theories aside...only the shadow knows eh Fran??

Hey.... leave me out of this!!!! :blink:

Fran

i agree with you except on one point. it's not that the judges are doing a good job. it's the slotting that's working. and i personally think that's what's wrong in todays world. by DCA weekend the corps are slotted for prelims and maybe a few corps spots change but for the most part it tays the same. when i was at cicero last week that's what some people were talking about.

i dont think it's slotting at all, as surprises always happen at prelims and finals. what it says to me is hands down, the DCA judging community is getting the same consistent message across to all corps at every show.

Waiting for that rankings update (so MBI can enjoy its week of glory!).

For those ready to complain -- yes, we had two shows this weekend. But we had NO shows in July.

On the other hand, it don't mean doo-dah. But we'll enjoy our 93.638 'til it gets crushed next week!

Good luck to all!

Edited by Roger Grupp