2009 Rankings

We are seeing Brigadiers and Bushwackers pulling ahead later in the season.Everyone that thought they were going to miss finals are now eating crow.The North East is alive and well.

:thumbup::blink:

i am so freakin proud of my family - kickin some ###

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup::blink:

i am so freakin proud of my family - kickin some ###

ALL of us are proud of this corps.

They just keep getting better and better :blink:

Aren't you tired of answering that sometimes? It seems there is ALWAYS someone who will compare scores from different shows or different years, isn't it? I'm sure you have it pre-written somewhere and you are just copy/pasting. haha

OK back on topic...

Good luck to all the corps!

I NEVER copy and paste. if i did i'd have 20000000 posts :thumbup:

We are seeing Brigadiers and Bushwackers pulling ahead later in the season.Everyone that thought they were going to miss finals are now eating crow.The North East is alive and well.

For those people who think that separate show scores cannot be compared, I ate some crow (courtesy of Jeff Ream) a few years ago on one of my predictions, concerning Brigs and Bush; not only did Bush beat Brigs at finals as the separate shows predicted, but by about the SAME margin- if you look at the shows this year, for the most part, the scores are matching up well when any 2 corps finally meet at different times of the season. These Judges are doing an excellent job, and I think we are headed towards what could be the most hotly contested finals ever!

Bill

For those people who think that separate show scores cannot be compared, I ate some crow (courtesy of Jeff Ream) a few years ago on one of my predictions, concerning Brigs and Bush; not only did Bush beat Brigs at finals as the separate shows predicted, but by about the SAME margin- if you look at the shows this year, for the most part, the scores are matching up well when any 2 corps finally meet at different times of the season. These Judges are doing an excellent job, and I think we are headed towards what could be the most hotly contested finals ever!

Bill

i agree with you except on one point. it's not that the judges are doing a good job. it's the slotting that's working. and i personally think that's what's wrong in todays world. by DCA weekend the corps are slotted for prelims and maybe a few corps spots change but for the most part it tays the same. when i was at cicero last week that's what some people were talking about.

i agree with you except on one point. it's not that the judges are doing a good job. it's the slotting that's working. and i personally think that's what's wrong in todays world. by DCA weekend the corps are slotted for prelims and maybe a few corps spots change but for the most part it tays the same. when i was at cicero last week that's what some people were talking about.

How do you figure that? Bush and Brigs have exchanged places at least once, Corpsvets have moved up and down, Empire has moved up, Hurcs have been up and down a few times, as have Cabs, the Kilts have come up as of yesterday, and may I mention MBI's second place finish last year....but oh yes, a certain corps has gone nowhere but down this year....hmm... it must be slotting...

Slotting has been alleged since I've been a little kid, but for the most part I have found a corps generally gets what it deserves... to quote someone else's comment ( Im sorry cant remember who it was) " It takes a lot of sour grapes to make that whine!"

Bill

How do you figure that? Bush and Brigs have exchanged places at least once, Corpsvets have moved up and down, Empire has moved up, Hurcs have been up and down a few times, as have Cabs, the Kilts have come up as of yesterday, and may I mention MBI's second place finish last year....but oh yes, a certain corps has gone nowhere but down this year....hmm... it must be slotting...

Slotting has been alleged since I've been a little kid, but for the most part I have found a corps generally gets what it deserves... to quote someone else's comment ( Im sorry cant remember who it was) " It takes a lot of sour grapes to make that whine!"

Bill

Doesn't really matter with 2 weeks left both these corps will be fighting for 7 th and 8th. My final rankings are

Bucs(drums,horns,vis)

Hurcs (guard)

Minn. Brass(drum major)

Statesmen(5th horns)

Cabs(4th horns)

Renegades(6th across the board except drums 8th)

Bush(6th drums)

brigs(horns 10)(drums tie for 7th)

Alliance(7th drums)

Corps vets(8th guard)

my predictions for corps placement has been 98% for the past 7 years good luck to all and prove me wrong.Captions were an added bonus this year.

my predictions for corps placement has been 98% for the past 7 years good luck to all and prove me wrong.Captions were an added bonus this year.

7 years x 10 finalists = 70 corps.

70 corps x 2% error = 1.4 corps.

By necessity, if you were wrong about one corps placement (up or down), you must have been wrong about at least one other corps. So, if we give you the benefit of the doubt by rounding 1.4 up to 2, that means in 7 years you have been wrong once!!!!

What are you doing here on the internet? Get to Vegas!

:thumbup:

Bill

i'm not gonna drink your koolaid. after DCA check the final standings against what was posted today and you will see very minor changes. what your talking about happened in different years NOT all in the same year. and last year MBI was scoring where they place in the few shows they had. check it out. i hate koolaid. live your dream if you like. i did it to for a few years. oh and just because i don't agree with you i don't have sour grapes. i haven't competed in almost 30 years. so i don't own a whinery. last week after not been to a show in 28 years and before the show wrote down my predictions after copying the standings i predicted the entire show correctly. before the show. real sour grapes there.

Have some fun with it.

Sal has Atlanta and Alliance IN and MCL and Kilts OUT for Sunday's show.

Prelims will be a knockdown-drag out.

MCL is bringing 48 horns.

Alliance is carrying that drumline.

CV has the vets and a couple of solid "wins".

Kilts are not going to just lay down (and they have a crack at another panel TODAY).

The sheet from Rockmart has one number that was waaaaaay out of kilter (6 judges had Alliance over Atlanta).

If it's competition you want, dca has it. Worth the trip for all these corps to show up and give it a run (and we haven't even talked about what the "7"'s have brewing.

Should be fun.

Edited by wishbonecav