Map of DCI and DCA Drum Corps' hometowns

Do you still have it? If so, you should post it here so we can see the differences time has made.

That WOULD be interesting.

Right now NorCal has BD A, B, & C, SCV, SCVC, Renegades, Mandarins (7) and SoCal has Impulse, Gold, Incognito, VK, Pacific Crest, Mystikal, SoCal Dream, and Kingsmen (8), for a current total of 15.

In each region, the NorCals are all within an hour and a half of each other (Mandarins being the only ones a significant distance away)

SoCal? I think they're all within an hour (presuming traffic actually -- y'know -- MOVES :blink: ), with PC being the one most seperated from the rest.

I've always said SoCal was the most concentration corps region in the nation...unlike NorCal, ALL of the SoCal corps are independant orgs.

CA seems to be the hotbed...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have Rochester Crusaders twice (29 and 9)

. Nice job though

Edited by Storkysr

Nice Job just a few small corrections tho regarding Florida.

Heatwave is gone and never coming back

Sun Devils are based in North Port which is down in the Sarasota area

Teal Sound still considers themselves to be from Jacksonville, FL

Excellent Job tho, this is really fun to look at

Just an idea for a future version of the map.

You could use Google Maps to set up the map. That way people would be able to zoom in and out, and see more detail if they wanted to. You could embed it, link to it, share it, etc.

Just a thought.

EXCELSIOR is based out of the capital district of New York (around Albany) and western Massachusetts. Clifton Park is where our lives. But ANYWAY the biggest reason I posted this is because we are near the Massachusetts border. Even Clifton Park is not near Lake Erie. Thanks for the map, its really interesting. I just wanted to help make it more accurate

I went ahead and threw together a custom map on google maps of the World Class corps, with their logos as icons.

It's viewable here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&...7f5cd25766d3cc3

Comments, questions, feedback?

There might be a limit as to how many markers you can add to a map at a time, so I may not be able to put all World class, Open class, and DCA corps on one map, if I do Open and DCA, I may have to do specific maps for each of them.

Edited by ST_Lawson

Oh, also.. "Frontier" is currently inactive, though I belive FPAA (Frontier Performing Arts Association) has said they plan to reform it in the future...

Vigilantes Drum and Bugle Corps is an active DCA corps out of Dallas

Still waiting for Oklahoma to host a World Class corps.... haha

We did. But as so many others have it imploded. Well I guess it was not "world class" that was back when they were still called "Open Class" They had a good 8-9 year run from A-60 to A to Open class but then fizzled out.

I went ahead and threw together a custom map on google maps of the World Class corps, with their logos as icons.

It's viewable here: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&...7f5cd25766d3cc3

Comments, questions, feedback?

There might be a limit as to how many markers you can add to a map at a time, so I may not be able to put all World class, Open class, and DCA corps on one map, if I do Open and DCA, I may have to do specific maps for each of them.

That was my original idea, but I thought it would be cluttered. Mostly I wanted to see the pattern as a whole across the U.S. I didn't realize that I was going to get bombarded with petty corrections, lol. It doesn't matter if a corp's hometown is 30 miles off base on the map, that wasn't the point. :) Seriously, it's not a big deal, I'm just bellyaching (I was asking for it).

I like your map better, especially without the icons though - are you going to lay out the smaller corps too?

I'm turning this over to you now, thanks for picking up where I left off (whether you wanted to or not - ha!).

That was my original idea, but I thought it would be cluttered. Mostly I wanted to see the pattern as a whole across the U.S. I didn't realize that I was going to get bombarded with petty corrections, lol. It doesn't matter if a corp's hometown is 30 miles off base on the map, that wasn't the point. :) Seriously, it's not a big deal, I'm just bellyaching (I was asking for it).

I like your map better, especially without the icons though - are you going to lay out the smaller corps too?

I'm turning this over to you now, thanks for picking up where I left off (whether you wanted to or not - ha!).

I can definitely see how it could get cluttered, especially viewing the full US map.

I don't think doing something like this needs to become any one person's responsibility. Your map has it's advantages, as does mine, and I think that anyone who wants to do it differently should go ahead and do it their way, more choice is a good thing.

I'll have to play around with it to see if I can get the Open Class and DCA corps on it. I'll probably start with the Open Class corps listed on DCI's website then see where I can go from there.