Stockton Bar and Grill

Dude I totally agree!!!

I hate it that BD's line moves around doing all sorts of body stuff and they get no credit for it. Have you seen the other drum lines. They STAND STILL AND PLAY. and it drives me nuts. When I saw BD 07 I though OMG that was awesome. And now I see groups like CAvies and Cadets that just stand there and they get scored equally. I Think that sucks.

:blink:

The whole point of drum corps is "moving while playing". Essentially. The body movement is judged by the visual judge, playing is judge by the music judges. The GE score takes everything into effect. Have YOU seen other lines? Lol.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

The whole point of drum corps is "moving while playing". Essentially. The body movement is judged by the visual judge, playing is judge by the music judges. The GE score takes everything into effect. Have YOU seen other lines? Lol.

yes but it is the judges responsibility to judge both the how and the why.

Mmk. :)

dude just read any DCI, WGI, BOA judging sheet and you will see both a spot for demand and a spot for excellence. And none of it says percussion demand or excellence.

The drum corps in '07 was 90% rookie.

Indeed, some #### talented rookies.

Hey the snares can play while standing on chairs! That's sayn sumpthin!what other corps can say that? Haha

Nice work keeping everyone updated tonight Lee. Everyone appreciated the updates and I had the added pleasure of meeting you at the show.

I sure appreciated just being a spectator this evening at the show. Despite the heat, it was another great evening of drum corps on the 'left coast'.

Thanks to Rick Caccum (who ALWAYS takes such good care of me) and the S.O.M.E. members and volunteers that put a great show on year after year.

-john

you know this how? a friend of a friend's cousin who had a kid brother who heard from his girlfriend's uncle who went to a show?

No, the cousin's brother is older and then it came straight from the girlfriend. No uncle involved at all, don't be ridiculous!

The best part about going to the Stockton show is the ride home :worthy: (Sorry Jeff and Francesca DeMello ... and Bonnie Ott.)

Well, the best thing about Stockton is being able to leave it to visit my friends elsewhere in the Bay Area! :blink:

I don't know if this was ever mentioned.

The Stockton show was delayed 1 hour because of HEAT. It was 118 degrees on the field at 5:30, the scheduled show time.

By the time the Blue Devils went on at about 9:30pm, it had dropped to a nice cool 98 degrees!