Holy Name Cadets -- Rome, NY

Let me start by saying a HUGE congrats to Crown, they're just that good this season...amazing, they're pulling off the demand of their show & THAT ladies & gentlemen is why they're doing well. It's the same at all levels of marching: Hard Drill & Hard Music is ONLY rewarded when done well, so don't over-shoot what is possible in one season, and what your students can achieve.

Okay, now about this whole "HNC; G, CB & 75" is really starting to push it for me. I'm not some troll trying to flame the Cadets...in fact I was quite the avid supporter when they weren't exactly "popular". But, this year's show is W.S.S 'Conflict & Resolution' we ALL KNOW it's their 75th ect ect ect, but it's really starting to get to the point that it's all very annoying to hear it.

Let's clean some drill & music, make some smart design choices, stop relying on electronics, and most of all stop playing on the heartstrings of DCI to "...remember we're the oldest, it's our 75th" for the score they're wanting.

Cadets, I love you! But enough is enough. Crown is a hot ticket, b/c they're more pre-occupied with TODAY not 75 years ago :)

As always, just my three cents.

What a dumb dumb statement! Have you seen the show? This is 75 years of Drum Corps that they deserve to brag about! Believe me the cadets will earn the top spot. They don't get things handed to them from what I have seen in the past!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW .. just got an email from someone in Rome, NY ... this event is sold out, BUT, there is a chance of rain :worthy:

OOPS! .. .ok it's not going to "R" .. this is cool, the school this is at "Rome Free Academy" we use to play in HS .. real close to my hometown. (ok, I officially feel OLD!) I just realized it's been about 21 years since then!!!