Holy Name Cadets -- Rome, NY

How does expressing my opinion become "anti-cadets" !? I've tried to be VERY polite in the way I phrase my comments to avoid disrespecting the talented kids performing, my question/comment was SIMPLY in regards to the hooplah about the 75th, nothing more.

So please take YOUR negativity and go elsewhere b/c obviously your underwear is so firmly up your @ss that you think everytime someone posts something even remotely not 100% Cadets as negative.

Everyone needs to chill, my lord we're all old and past our years...this isn't our game anymore so let it be discussion & not some personal, deadly offense!!

Well when you start off implying that the celebration of their 75 anniversary (something which happens once in a lifetime and is only going on for less than 3 months) is becoming "annoying", it does sound pretty negative. But that's my opinion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

These perceived truths are only obvious to YOU apparently, LOL.

The show IS about their 75th anniversary. They were originally going to use a broader range of Bernstein works, as his music has been such a big part of so many of their shows for a long time. Eventually they decided to pare it down to WSS only, and focus on a few pieces in order to give them more emphasis. Surviving 75 years is a big achievement in this activity, and heaven forbid they put in four drill sets that salute the transitions the organization has been through over the years - symbols that are there more for their many alumni and fans than for the judges. It's highly unlikely those four sets are going to win them a championship.

On an even broader level, "Conflict and Resolution" is something the corps has been through a lot as well, as they have at various times tried to go in different directions from the mainstream. Hmm, groups of people telling an individual, "no, you can't do that." Sounds like WSS, AND like the Cadets too.

So see, maybe it is an anniversary show after all. Don't let that confusing ol' title get in your way of understanding it. :worthy:

OKAY! See that is how simple it is. Thank you for a polite, yet complete explaination. I DIDN'T know Cadet's had announced/explained the show in that way, from what I'd heard it was still VERY W.S.S. and the struggle or "conflicts" ect ect in regards to that program NOT a different approach spanning the corps' history. I don't understand why they didn't title it a bit different to support the GE, but whatever...I'm proud to say I'm not Hoppy ;o) jk jk

Well when you start off implying that the celebration of their 75 anniversary (something which happens once in a lifetime and is only going on for less than 3 months) is becoming "annoying", it does sound pretty negative. But that's my opinion.

LOL, you read far too deep. My mother will only be 75 once, and she's is an annoying mess, but I wouldn't say I'm "anti-mother" ...well for the most part haha. :worthy:

OKAY! See that is how simple it is. Thank you for a polite, yet complete explaination. I DIDN'T know Cadet's had announced/explained the show in that way, from what I'd heard it was still VERY W.S.S. and the struggle or "conflicts" ect ect in regards to that program NOT a different approach spanning the corps' history. I don't understand why they didn't title it a bit different to support the GE, but whatever...I'm proud to say I'm not Hoppy ;o) jk jk

I tried to do that, but I got lost in translation. I honestly liked their working title when they were still trying to span across all of bernstein - "lenny". But hey, I don't mind this one either. Either one doesn't support the GE in the way you're stating it should be, but to each his own.

And this is me seriously trying to resolve a conflict of opinion.

LOL, you read far too deep. My mother will only be 75 once, and she's is an annoying mess, but I wouldn't say I'm "anti-mother" ...well for the most part haha. :worthy:

I think we all know the feeling far too well. :worthy:

With all due respect, it would have been a lot easier to just ASK for an explanation instead of saying how annoying you think it is. Statements like that can easily be taken out of context, don't you think?

Edited by 2000Cadet

With all due respect, it would have been a lot easier to just ASK for an explanation instead of saying how annoying you think it is. Statements like that can easily be taken out of context, don't you think?

In a hope to end this argument I'd agree, however I never said anything so extreme to really cause bodily harm or pain & suffering. Just simply "all the hooplay is a annoying for the .5 extra points" or something to that extent.

I just think everyone on DCP (well for the most part) is wound a little too tight and just needs to pull the wedgy and breathe.

My mistake was thinking that someone else would see that I was in error and inform me rather than attack, and thankfully after a few attacks I was informed. But of course I responded to the attacks in defense of my ignorance...again pull the wedgy and breathe!!

WOW, I will say it is not always easy to express emotion in an e-mail when you are just typing, and not using the tools available (emoticons, cpas, punctuation marks.....), but I also read nothing but negativity in the original post from "Texas". I love the fact that any opinion can be expressed, but it is such a drag to see negativity so many times. I can't stand it.

I have been on this thing for many years (had to get a new screen name because I could nt remember my old password, and had an e-mail address for a former job tied to the account, I was an idiot!), and it seems the negativity just gets thicker.....

I love the anniversary show concept, and I hope each corps remembers their past, with a modern flair, when they celebrate 75 years!

Spartans 87

The Foundation Year

In a hope to end this argument I'd agree, however I never said anything so extreme to really cause bodily harm or pain & suffering. Just simply "all the hooplay is a annoying for the .5 extra points" or something to that extent.

I just think everyone on DCP (well for the most part) is wound a little too tight and just needs to pull the wedgy and breathe.

My mistake was thinking that someone else would see that I was in error and inform me rather than attack, and thankfully after a few attacks I was informed. But of course I responded to the attacks in defense of my ignorance...again pull the wedgy and breathe!!

Just an observation: there's ample need of O2 on your part as well. Chill....the season's just beginning, lets all strap in and enjoy the ride.