Beverly's Beanpot Surprise.

Ugh. Look at that recap. Cadets could be doomed.

Doubt it. The only thing really upsetting was the GE scores. In some subcaptions, crown is approaching the 90 percent range already. No offense, but thats a little ridiculous for july 2nd, and obviously it wont keep up. Cadets visual comp is better - execution is just way down, and the music scores were close. Honestly, we only have one show left with this system, then we'll see what happens. I dont really mind if crown wins, but I would like it to be a little closer....makes these evenings more entertaining....

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it. The only thing really upsetting was the GE scores. In some subcaptions, crown is approaching the 90 percent range already. No offense, but thats a little ridiculous for july 2nd, and obviously it wont keep up. Cadets visual comp is better - execution is just way down, and the music scores were close. Honestly, we only have one show left with this system, then we'll see what happens. I dont really mind if crown wins, but I would like it to be a little closer....makes these evenings more entertaining....

There are more corps to compete with. I'm sure it will all be close in the end.

Congrats to Teal Sound!! My son called and was quite thrilled with their performance tonight :smile:

Great job Teal Sound!

From an old alum 99-00.

Great job Teal Sound!

From an old alum 99-00.

Oh you're Luis's brother! I knew your name sounded familiar.

No I only see it widening the cleaner crown gets. I think cadets have great show though just not the deepth that crown has or the room for growth. It's a little old school and not inovative enough for me.

Crown's show has depth? It must be so deep it went over my head! What did that show have to do with grass being greener? Or the Green Knight's stable boy spinning flags? I honestly do not understand their show. And what's innovative about it? I saw nothing new. And I recall thinking Cadets were a little dirtier, so doesn't that mean they have MORE room for growth than Crown?

Just saying, the GE scores indicate that the judges are not digging the show.

I don't see how. Everything in that show is everything I wish drum corps to be. Crown's is just too WGI/band.

Crown's show has depth? It must be so deep it went over my head! What did that show have to do with grass being greener? Or the Green Knight's stable boy spinning flags? I honestly do not understand their show. And what's innovative about it? I saw nothing new. And I recall thinking Cadets were a little dirtier, so doesn't that mean they have MORE room for growth than Crown?

I don't see how. Everything in that show is everything I wish drum corps to be. Crown's is just too WGI/band.

OOOOH, I'm gonna sick a moderator on you. You said the "B" word... Awwww HELL Nah... :smile: