what was the smallest Corps to compete ?

No guard ? Which brings us to the question that under the Rules of DCI and local Circuits, you'd need at LEAST one Guard member, no ? You are not allowed to compete without a guard...... or are you ? Anybody know ?

Bluegrass Brass was a senior corps, so i dont know what that ruling would be.

Bluegrass Brass was a senior corps, so i dont know what that ruling would be.

Did they compete with a guard when you saw them do you recall ?

What was open, and now known as world......troopers had 61 members one year. The minimum for open class at the time was 61. I think they even added an honor guard to make that number. On a side note, troop is back stronger then ever this year!!!!!

Good to hear that. I'd love to see the Troopers back in the top 12 someday. The Boston Crusaders one year back in the 70's opted NOT to step down a class level and went out with 17 brass for the entire summer competitive season in DCI.

1973 Boston Crusaders came to DCI finals with something like 14 horns.

Didn't the 1979 Crusaders get a lot of mileage out of something like 29 horns, beating corps with much larger lines? If I recall correctly, they made finals in a lot of regional shows.

I seem to remember Marion Cadets in the mid 90's marching 5 brass...no marching percussion ( a pit only) and 4 colorguard.

In 1996 we (Les Étoiles) came in 15th in World Class (after winining division II the day before) with 68 members. I think that this was probably one of the smallest corps to ever make top 17.

later,

Mike

Ask Liz - she LOVES small corps...

As someone mentioned earlier, the Braintree Braves did indeed compete with fewer that 5 TOTAL (includes brass/ percussion/guard) in the corps not too many years ago.

The Little Big Horns Drum & Bugle Corps from New York state went out with two horns about 10 years ago, and folded up after both horns left the corps.