Why even have mulitple shows each year...

Anyway.....we need a full season to keep us going through the summer. Now if there was some sort of season score average that was put into play for finals scoring then that might shake things up. Sort of like handicap. I don't know what you would do with it. Maybe that would determine you place in the line up.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thought crossed my mind just now and, though I know it doesn't mean much, just seems kind of odd. We could just have one big show, or the three-night showdown, at the end of the year with all the corps to determine a winner. In other activities, this is what happens. So why not drum corps?

My first thought is drum corps is the way it is for the fans. A reason to give people interest in corps and shows.

Then it also allows for more exposure and interest in the activity.

What are your opinion on this train of thought?

Help me out here....

What other activities are you referring to?

What are your opinion on this train of thought?

Why not cut to the chase, and just raffle off 150 rings on August 1st and save everyone the trouble.

There should be a regular season champion, and a finals champion.

The NBA would be a good example of this model.

That'd be like going straight to playoffs, but everyone makes the first round.

Or we have a race for track athletes that's 10 yards long.

Even if Corps were training the entire summer, It'd be impossible to accurately judge in one, or even three nights. As subjective as it is to begin with. To me, champions are as much about the improvement throughout shows as it is about a single night. But I'm not a judge.

And Michigan and Ohio State are both pretty good, but I don't see much else in the big ten. MSU and PSU, maybe...

*GASP* I complimented OSU and MICH in the same sentence? I'm in Ann Arbor right now, I better make a run for it.

Well...DCI is not like sports where any team can win...you know the top 8 are automatic finalists before the year even begins...not true for any other sport.

I don't know. I think ANY group can win DCI, provided they have the training, staff and experience to win. Same holds true for MLB and NFL.

major league baseball teams can play 165-184 games in a season not including spring training. No one asks them why they play so many games before the World Series. so why ask "why doesn't dci just skip tour and go straight to finals?"

MLB plays 81 home games and 81 away games.

and then a possible 19 more games if they play all 5 games of the first series and all 7 of the next 2.

so in college football, why wouldn't they go straight to the "BCS Championship Game" with 2 randomly picked teams from the year before that finished the season in the top 3.

( i said all that about the BCS system cause im personally against it )

but yeah, so if dci was like that then cavaliers, regiment, devs, and cadets should go for a 7 night "best of" competition and whoever wins gets the ring.

Edited by deltaman1991

Help me out here....

What other activities are you referring to?

I had the same question. I can't think of any... :devil: