Chesapeake Crab Shack

Good Morning and Good Luck to all the participating corps tonight.

Looks like the weather report is good - no chance of rain at showtime.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprising that the official city moniker is suprising. :thumbup:

What? No Chesapeake?

I went to this show a couple in Chesapeake - why the Crossmen love on the Virginia coast?

This is the "Chesapeake" show. Suffolk is a part of Hampton Roads and not very far ( about 10 - 15 miles ) from where the show used to be held. This is a new school and more open area facility. It will be a sold out show. Many are excited in this area to see all of the groups. And with now rain today!!!!!!

Good luck to ALL of the corps today. Have a great day of practice. There will be a lot of spectators watching the rehearsals today. Very interesting show results last night. Looks like the new judging panel settled things down or shall I say even things out!. Interesting that crown lost brass and percussion last night! Interesting....................................

Going to watch Cadets rehearse shortly!!! :thumbup:

FHNSAB

Funny, I kicked of this thread last night under the title "Chesapeake Crab Shack". Mods, could we merge threads?

bump for merge

What? No Chesapeake?

I went to this show a couple in Chesapeake - why the Crossmen love on the Virginia coast?

Many people from the Hampton Roads area have been involved with the Crossmen...used to be a short drive to Newark/Wilmington from town. I know there are still a few from the area that are marching with the Crossmen. Not sure if that will continue with the move, considering Cadets, Crown and a few others are within driving distance from the 757.

During my time, there were people from there marching Cadets, Crown, Crossmen, Boston, Spirit, BD, SCV, and of course Tarheel Sun. Hampton Roads is a friendly place for Drum Corps fans and members should expect a lot of applause and hype from the crowd. I wouldn't expect anything less from the community!

Best of luck to all of the corps performing tonight. Can't make the show this year, but looking forward to seeing the Fairfax show.

Chesapeake and Suffolk threads merged