Drum Corps in Weddings

My partner and I are getting married in Iowa. We have found some great music to work into the ceremony. One piece will be from a drum corps recording. Has anyone else done this. Clearly we are not going for the traditional ceremony.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner and I are getting married in Iowa. We have found some great music to work into the ceremony. One piece will be from a drum corps recording. Has anyone else done this. Clearly we are not going for the traditional ceremony.

Mav?

Christian Mavroudis had some great drum corps music for her ceremony. But instead of the drum corps recordings, she used the original source music. I have a copy ofthe CD she and Ed made for the ceremony, and then gave copies to friends and family.

When my lovely bride and I got married almost 6 years ago, we did it in 4 1/2 hours one night. (You can do that in Vegas.) Though we didn't personally select the music, the chapel chose "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera (SCV 88/89), and "Through the Eyes of Love" from Ice Castles (Scouts 80-82). Conicidence? I think not!

BTW, the (now closed) motel next door was called "Casa Malaga".

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Garry beat me to it.

Paging Mav! Mav! Call for you on line 1!

Edited by skajerk

My wife and I wanted "Softly as I Leave You" played at our wedding, but the wedding coordinator didn't think it was a good song for a wedding.

Edited by cavalier81

I've seen marriage proposals, set to drum corps music, well....hornline surrounding the couple and playing during the proposal.

I'm also sure that more people have probably adapted the vienna boys choir arrangment of Canon in D ever since 2003, to be used during their ceremony.

I've seen marriage proposals, set to drum corps music, well....hornline surrounding the couple and playing during the proposal.

I'm also sure that more people have probably adapted the vienna boys choir arrangment of Canon in D ever since 2003, to be used during their ceremony.

I am not familiar with Vienna Boys Choir doing Canon in D. Sounds interesting.

I am not familiar with Vienna Boys Choir doing Canon in D. Sounds interesting.

I Used it for one of my winterguard shows last season.... good stuff

Dude: Madison's "Never Walk Alone!" Either their vocal version or the hornline version (there's a great recording c. 1979 on G horns available... )

dcw-scan-wedding.jpg

I think we had as close as you can get to the Ultimate Drum Corps Wedding.

Beth and I were married on July 4th, 2003 (after marching the Racine parade), with all wedding music performed by the Kilties hornline.

Ron Walloch (Midwestern corps photographer) was our wedding photographer.

There was a half-page "Kiltie Klan Wedding Review" (scan above) by Cozy in the 2003 DCI Championship Week Drum Corps World.

• Bridesmaids Procession: "Simple Gifts"

• Bridal March: "Slow Syne" (Kilties' Corps Song - Auld Lang Syne)

• Hymn of the Day: "Old 100th/Doxology" (I arranged)

• Recessional: "Fanfare-Parade Syne"

Following the wedding, The Kilties performed for us on the church lawn.

I proposed to Beth at our January, 2003 camp weekend. I was "late" from dinner break and arrived at horn arc in full uniform, lead in by a single snare drummer. That also made DCW news... http://www.drumcorpsworld.com/articles.cfm?ID=209

The serious mistake here is we spend EVERY anniversary doing July 4th corps stuff. But...hey...free fireworks!!

Edited by dannyboy